Dumaguete Info Search

DIY - How to build a spy cam

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by dralionblade, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dralionblade

dralionblade DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hello people of Dumaguete, I decided to post some DIY (Do-It-Yourself) stuff to pass the time for those people sitting around and enjoying the lush green view of Dumaguete. I'll post stuff like this time to time so keep a lookout!

How to build a spy cam
    [​IMG]

If you happen to have an old web cam laying around, why not turn it into a super cool functional spy cam? All this with only a bit of hardware handiwork :D

Over at Ugolog, a company specializing in simple video monitoring using web cams, they have a tutorial on how to hide a web cam inside an old power transformer. The tutorial requires no tools beyond the basic toolbox staples, like a drill and pliers. The end result is surprisingly polished, and the technique could easily be adapted to help you hide a camera in nearly anything. The best objects for hiding the web cam, of course, are objects that already have a cord attached—a stuffed unicorn with a black cord trailing out, I guess, is more suspicious to the filipino thief or interloper than that security dog sleeping on the corner...

For more pictures and a step by step guide, check out the link below.
    Code:
    http://www.ugolog.com/pages/build-a-spy-camera

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.