Dumaguete Info Search

DNA testing

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Papalo, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Papalo

Papalo DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello Everyone,

This is my first time to post. I need some informations in regards to DNA testing. Is there a certified diagnostic laboratory in Dumaguete for this procedure? I need a certification to register a newborn son :smile: to the US Embassy as proof in acquiring his natural born US citizenship. Your help is much appreciated.

Papalo

2. appy_ammer

appy_ammer DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Not sure

Im not 100% but i think DNA testing is done in Manila. I may be wrong so probably not much help. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will point you in the right direction :smile:

Being English and my son has my name we didnt need DNA, plus hes a carbon copy of me. The Mrs gets upset when people don't believe shes the mother, shes blown her top on more than one occassion when someone asked if she was the yaya :D

In fact why did i post, i guess because im waiting for the shop to open for milk. Not had my morning cup of tea yet so the brain isnt functioning :eek:

3. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    The High Precision clinic in Angeles City is accredited with the US embassy, they charge 25K Pesos for the DNA test (for both)

4. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    The only place in the Philippines to get DNA testing accredited with the US embassy is St. Lukes Clinic in Manila. Cost is as the Dane posted, p25,000. That is for EACH person tested.

Larry

5. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    I used a lab that I found online...business address was Gilbert, AZ, but the lab work was actually done in Vancouver, BC. I don't remember the exact name but cost was less than $200. At the time, I was told by the Ob Gyn in Cebu that there was no DNA testing done in the Phils, so maybe that is why they accepted this...looks like testing is now available here.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    DG,

for my private interest (maybe others are also interested in that info) how does that work with sending parts of you around the world ? you put some hair, nails blood or any kind of body-liquid of you and the kid in a tupperware and send it off to the states or Canada with a check ? Or they took probes in a hospital here and sealed it in appropriate container?

I know the question sounds pretty stupid, but if you do that from the PI, wouldn't you need an attorney who verifies that all is really from your and the kids body and even that would be easy to fix here if you don't want to be the father.

7. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    Cotton swab specimens from the inside of the cheeks those for whom you are desiring to match for relationship. After you swab them, you dry them and then DHL them to the lab who provides the results in an email/online. You don't have to give them any information, only Specimen A and B and then what you want to know...relationship, ethnic background, etc. They tell you for example, Specimen A is a female of such and such likely ethnic background(s) and there is a 99.91234% probability that she is the daughter of Specimen B, a male of such and such ethnic background(s), etc. You can also test for probability of relationship to grandparents, uncles, aunts, nieces/nephews, brothers/sisters, etc.

This would not be accepted in US courts as evidence since the sample was not taken under control, however, US Immigration accepted it. By the way, this was a few years ago, so no gurantees that this would still be accepted today. At that time, it was for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad and the requirement was vague, "Scientific evidence of relationship." It's possible that even a blood test would have been accepted although it is far less definitive.

8. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    DG, thanks a lot for taking the time to answer my (probably) stupid question, that is a total unknown field for me and I really wanted to know more about.

cheer, and have a great weekend :smile:

Rhoody

9. The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    The Hi-Precision diagnostic center in Angeles City is a newly opened place run by Doctor Froilan Canlas, he is accredited by the US Embassy and the DNA test is 25K for both. (I will shoot him a text now to confirm this)

Doctor Canlas has been my doctor for many years and he used to work in the States as well so his English is perfect.

I am in Denmark right now, but when I get back I will go down and take pictures of the place and make a writeup about the place both for here and for our other Philippines related sites. Especially the accredited DNA test is very interesting for Expats here so I think its worth it.

Contact details:
    McArthur Hi-Way Corner Angeles Magalang Road Angeles City
    Tel. No. +45- 3222211
    Sun cell 09228966724

Office hours: 6:00AM - 4:00PM Mon to Sat

• Like Like x 1
  10. The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    I just got a message back from Doctor Canlas:

The 25K includes both dad and kid for the DNA test.

As mentioned before I will do a full review and pictorial of the place when I get back from Denmark. I had a tour there a couple of weeks ago and I was very impressed with the place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.