Dumaguete Info Search

documents and requirements in purchasing 2nd car

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by brian ausie, Dec 1, 2014.

1. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    Hello guys what documents and requirements do i need to purchase a second hand car?

2. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I am in this process myself. The car needed some repairs so l advanced a small sum against a promissory note and all the paperwork on the car or/cr insurance. I think l need a notorized deed of sale but l don't know if l need a milage statement. I am interested in hearing answers to this thread.

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    OR/CR and notarized deed of sale is all that is needed. Make sure the car belongs to the person you are buying it from....the lawyer should do that but you should double check that yourself. You should pick the lawyer and get the registration put in your name asap.

• Like Like x 1
  4. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    Do not forget in addition to the or/cr you need a zerox now of the seller's driver's licence or government id. Do not buy a car with 2 or 3 old sales agreements attached as each would have to be processed before you get the car into your name. And make sure that nowhere on the or or cr is there a stamp that says encumbered....!!!!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    My first attempt to buy a vehicle ran into a snag. Second vehicle was a commercial vehicle and there were some hiccups there too. If you are buying a yellow plate vehicle with a franchise, make sure the previous owner goes to the LTFRB surrenders the plates and pays taxes first. Then the transaction is the same as a privately owned vehicle.

• Informative Informative x 2