Dumaguete Info Search

dog sh*t in Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by whtrahonky, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronin

ronin DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    As we grumble about dog poo here and the lack of services in Dumaguete, I came across this picture. Where is it you may ask where trash is allowed to pile up on the street? Rome Italy..... :(

Attached Files:

2. ediza02

ediza02 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    so u guys are interested living in dumaguete, then why keep on whining about ur complains? Maybe its not the right place for you as per your "standards" are concern. I have lived in several countries, and I still love Dumaguete. Let's get to the bottomline why, it is bloody cheap! so what do you expect from a cheap way of living? come to think of it. If you havent adjusted the lifestyle in dumaguete then have a look somewhere else in this globe. Have u lived in Africa? or India? have a look on their lifestyle... That is what brings me to back to dumaguete. The issues on healthcare, driving, everything.. I can compromise... it may not be the best but I got other things to look into like, the convenience in a small city.. less crowded, availability of goods, all accessible in 20-30 minutes away from home. My silent neighborhood and my privacy at home, my big dogs (my guard dogs).. very helpful ppl around..

the petty crimes??? why should I worry?? they are everywhere in this world... is there such a safe place? I dont think so.

3. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I'm with you ediza02. You're so very right in everything you said. Oh by the way, welcome to the forum. :smile:

4. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    You guys ??? To whom are you talking ?
    There is ONE guy complaining and all others have either already mentioned their disinterest or that they don't see it as a real problem.
    So you repeating them.
    Yeah ....welcome on this forum.
    Good to read something of your personal background.

5. Eaglescout

Eaglescout DI Junior Member

Architect
    Ratings:
    +2 / 19
    I absolutely agreed with you edizao02. Welcome to the forum too.

6. southerndon

southerndon DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I never had a problem in Dumaguete that couldn't be solved with a few hours during the afternoon sitting outside in front of the Why Not drinking a soft drink and eating the cookies from the deli.

I think the best thing I did was dump my western mentality and expectations, and Rose colored glasses in the trash bin at LAX.

Southerndon

7. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    It's great to hear from all positive thinkers! Thank you guys! :smile: :wink:

8. ronin

ronin DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    dude...agree with u 100%. don't come to a foreign country (assuming ur not from Phil) and think you can hold the place, its people and culture to the same standard as where ever u came from. you are right on the money...leave the attitudes and expectations at home OR....don't bother leaving suburbia.

ronin

9. agman

agman DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I haven't had the pleasure of living in Dumaguete for an extended time. I've been to Negros 6 times, usually for 3 weeks at a time. I spent 4 months in Bais City. I've come with a variety of individuals. It has been my experience that folks who want everything like at home usually can't wait to get home. I can't wait to get back to the Philippines. The people and their culture are wonderful. I love the BBQ Plazas (even when stepping around dog poo). I love just walking downtown, grabbing a soda and sitting on a bench visiting with folks (everyone has the potential to become a new friend). You can learn so much. There's a feed store in Bais where I would go talk to the owner for an hour at a time, just to learn how folks raise livestock here--mainly I learned what a neat guy the owner was.

While I understand that the original post wasn't meant to paint a hugh negative picture, I want to add my two cents worth that Dumaguete and Negros is a special place with special people (foreign and domestic) and the positives for me overwhelmingly outweigh inconveniences. I hope to be there on a more permanent basis when I retire in about 3 years.

agman

10. sheelah

sheelah DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    To answer your question whtrahonky, dogs are not sacred in the Philippines. If you have noticed, there may be less dogs roaming around now than a week ago. You know why? Because some people like to eat dogs as pulutan with their beer or tanduay. So maybe that's just a way for the rest of these dogs to get back at Dumageutenos: they poo everywhere they want to inconvenience the rest of us :smile::smile::smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.