Dumaguete Info Search

Dolphin watching in Manjuyod

Discussion in '☋ Photo Board ☋' started by pickled_newt, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Just some photos taken during the Dolphin watching at Manjuyod the first wk of August.

Attached Files:

2. OP
    OP
    pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Didn't take it longer to find these dolphins .

Attached Files:

3. OP
    OP
    pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    There's dolphin in this photo that keeps coming with lot of scars ,kids called her sarah .

Attached Files:

4. OP
    OP
    pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    It was lucky we had excellent weather that day .That's mother on her floral top,looking and feeling better now after few years of cancer treatment .

Attached Files:

5. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Hi pickled_newt; Incredible pics! Wow, the dolphins are all over the place, so amazing! The blue water is just beautiful. That's wonderful you and family had great time watching the beauties of the ocean. Pickled_newt thanks for sharing those excellent shots. Your children are very cute.

6. caymimi

caymimi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Beautiful beautiful water!!!! And the dolphins are absolutely breathtaking. In all the years I lived in the Phils I never took this trip, but I'm dying to! Thank you for sharing these lovely pictures. Your daughters are gorgeous. I'm sure they must have loved looking at the dolphins jumping and splashing around so close to the boat.

7. Diver

Diver DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Very nice

I have a question, i did read that the season will end in oktober, I am comming in the beginning of november so I have no chance to go and see them I think.

Greetings J.Diver

8. OP
    OP
    pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Hi Swany and caymimi , that was a good day plus the weather which made the difference ,everyone enjoyed watching the dolphins esp the kids so amused by them .To begin with ,we were not expecting much ,thinking we could only see them from a distance jumping around.It didn't take long for us to spot them as they came so close , frolicking and playful around the boat, doing twist and turns ,you could see their bellies,doing some leaps ,so good.Then over an hour of it or so we head off to the sand bar where we spent the rest of our day there. That was my first trip to see the dolphins and I used to live only few minutes away , living along this coastline for so long ,I heard of them since I was small but didn't have the chance to meet these adorable creatures in my neighborhood. They were being ignored and persecuted for a long time .I'm glad this 'Dolphin watching' activity come to life , now many come to see them which make them special.

9. OP
    OP
    pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12

I am not sure of the reason why it ends in october or around that time,but you might get away to make this activity and still be able to spot dolphins .My suspicion might have to do with the wind and the currents .Also by December or even before that as it happen sometimes the sea of this side of the Tanon gets very chappy and is not good for smaller boats .I don't think many dolphins will show up if the sea is very rough . But try to chat with someone from the tourism office in Dgte about dolphin watching during the first week of November ,who knows , you might still be lucky out of the odds.Good luck.

10. OP
    OP
    pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    This is the only shot I was able to make out of these two dolphins swimming in style face to face or is it belly to belly.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.