Dumaguete Info Search

Dress code for Dumaguete Bureau of Immigration more relaxed?

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by OzeMike, May 15, 2018.

1. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Is the Bureau of Immigration in Dumaguete ok with shorts (with smart attire, closed shoes) or still require long pants? I seem to remember reading somewhere they had relaxed the dress codes to allow for tourists and the hot weather here.

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Mike if you are at Robinsons place have a Look in the DFA Window, There you will see the DFA code and to me, that will be Ok for BI also

3. OP
    OP
    OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thanks Jack I will wear smart cargo shorts as too hot for jeans today! So should be ok.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Coriton

Coriton DI Junior Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +18 / 8
    I've worn shorts and a t-shirt every time over the last 14 months with no problems. A guy wearing a vest was told not to come back like that in future in my experience they are very reasonable.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Quick follow up no problem wearing shorts today. I think cargo shorts are quite long below the knee and if you wear a polo shirt with collar and closed shoes you'll have no problem at Duma immigration. Got my second 6 month extension this morning.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Ozguy17

Ozguy17 Ring Ring. Who's calling?

Ratings:
    +75 / 2
    I always wear a polo and shorts when i go but Tsinelas are a no no, laced shoes only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. EandN

EandN DI Member

Ratings:
    +135 / 17
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Hi Mike, Good news that you got your 6 month visa from Duma, as least no need to go to Cebu this time as we discussed. Out of interest what did the 6 month visa cost you?
    Eddie.

8. OP
    OP
    OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Already had a current ACR card Eddie so no cost needed for that. The total was P7,030

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    i have worn nice short sleeve sport shirt, nice shorts, sandals, no socks (clean feet) to EVERY government office (including a dozen times at BOI and a few at Cebu PRA) i have ever been to and never a problem. Have not been to DFA at Rob's but did notice the sign... Pretty sure i even went to USA consulate Cebu at Waterfront hotel in shorts.

Also always NICE to staff and always smiling... Attitude is 90% of living in the Philippines...

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Last time I had an issue with wearing shorts and a t-shirt was many years ago. I wear jean loose shorts and a decent looking t-shirt. A couple of times over the last year or so my fiancee was asked to wait outside as she was wearing a tank top and short tight shorts (not daisy dukes). This makes me think no tank tops and no short shorts or short skirts and your fine. Maybe also no very low cut fronts as well (the kind to show our amazing manboobs or real boobs).

• Informative Informative x 1