Dumaguete Info Search

dried fish

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by gmayell, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmayell

gmayell DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi just a quick question to any filipino's staying in uk at the moment im trying to find somewhere that sells dried fish all i can get from the asian shops is the really small ones any help would be appreciated

2. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Hi Gmayell,

Probably your best bet would be to visit chinatown in Soho, off Shaftesbury Avenue (not too sure about this as it's been years since I've been there). We Pinoys call it "bulad". Good luck on your search.

3. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    If you go for London try along Plaistow in East london,there are lots of foreign grocers lining that street .There was a filipino grocer there about two, one i remember is the Tawana.It sells frozen dried fish ,they were the big fleshy ones and Philippine fish bangus or dangit as seen.I didn't go for the dried fish ,but for the homesick ,it might come as relief .Warning ,beware of the smell,it might turn your neighbors grumpy , or your house with uninviting smell for few days or weeks ,lol.
    There's also another filipino grocer in kenway road ,Earls court .But if your wife has pinoy friends around, you can perhaps check out for updates about these grocers as had been around two yrs since we i was there, and only shop for odd vege and goods in a chinese shop in Southend.

4. josephen

josephen DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    You may want to check Indonesian and/or stores selling products from Thailand. Here in the Netherlands there is no Filipino store in my area but I do buy big dried fish from Indonesian or Thai grocers. Some Chinese grocers do have them, too!

Bon appetit,
    Josephen

5. OP
    OP
    gmayell

gmayell DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for your help

thank you i will chase this up, that should keep the wife happy but maybe not the neighbours he he.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.