Dumaguete Info Search

Drug vendettas behind killings?

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by shadow, Feb 5, 2014.

1. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Police and local government authorities may be hard put to explain the rash of unsolved killings, theorized that there is a raging “drugs war” pitting groups and individuals trying to settle old and new scores for drug deals gone bad, failed remittances of earnings by their couriers and retaliatory attacks in behalf of the earlier victims.

There are already 24 victims who were murdered in the ongoing internecine conflict since 2013. For January 2014 alone, three people have already been killed. However, both the Philippine National Police and the city government still continue to devise relevant and effective response to halt the carnage.

Mayor Chiquiting Sagarbarria said that solving the murders would be extra difficult given the fact that both suspects and the victims appear to be involved in shady or underground dealings.

Moreover, witnesses if any, would not want to be caught in between gang infightings. Instead, the “drugs war” would be a self-destruct mechanism in order to cripple if not stop this easy-money industry.

For the month of January alone, there were already four shooting incidents in the city. Three of these have been linked to some personalities in the illegal drugs trade. Some drug syndicates maintain guns-for-hire to carry out shootings against perceived enemies of their trade or those who failed to perform their tasks.

First to be allegedly targeted was Leomar Mandioya of Looc, Dumaguete City who was shot by two motorcycle riding men near Judyville Subdivision on January 17. He somehow survived but found himself in trouble with the law just the same.

This was followed five days later with the shooting to death of Elmo Andres Catadman in the same fashion. Then before the month ended on January 28, a former call center agent Carl Bryan Catan was also shot to death by motorcycle riding men near the Candau-ay Barangay Hall.

Despite the spate of killings, authorities are having difficulty in intervening to end the bloodbath. Mayor Sagarbarria said that the focus of the city government and the police remains the same: cut the supply and demand for illegal drugs.

“Our anti-drugs campaign has been quite successful in January alone, the police arrested eleven suspects while our educators continue to conduct information drive in schools and barangays in line with our advocacy to expose the evils of illegal drugs,” Sagarbarria said. (By Dems Demecillo)

The Negros Chronicle - Dumaguete News | Latest Updates from Dumaguete City and around Negros Oriental, Philippines

Larry

2. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Great strategy. Countries around the world have great success with this. Especially Mexico and the U.S.

Dealer: Where's my money!!??

Courier: For a while sir.

Motorcycle killers: Boom!

I'm skeptical their aim was that good. I bet bad guys started shooting and the bad guys getting shot at freaked out and crashed their motorcycles. If they were wearing helmets, maybe just a few of them would have died.

This might not be related to drugs. I'm sure we have all wanted to do this at one point.

3. TheDude

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Pissed off customer: Let me talk to your manager!

Call center agent: For a while sir.

Motorcycle killers: Boom!

4. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Time to legalize!

End the ban on a flower!

End the madness.

5. TheDude

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Which flower does Shabu come from? I'll make sure to stay away from it so that that the motorcycle killers don't get me. :rolleyes:

6. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Shabu or methamphetamine has its source in the Ephedra plant...

View attachment 9961

So LOOKOUT, one might be growing outside your house.

Attached Files:

7. TheDude

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Haha, I bet if something like that were to grow around here it would be picked up off the ground faster than a 1000 peso bill.

So, start with the plant. Add battery acid to alter its chemical structure and presto, you have Shabu. Next question. What plant does battery acid come from?