Dumaguete Info Search

Dry Cleaners in Dumaguete?

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by back2eden, Apr 3, 2012.

1. back2eden

back2eden DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

I just shipped some boxes over to Dumaguete from my storage in Los Angeles. I have these old tapestries from India that have thick dye and little mirrors, and need to be dry cleaned. My wife in the Philippines is not aware of any dry cleaners there.... Does anybody have any info on where she could find one?

Thanks,
    Michael

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have never used them but a business called Mister Labada on Silliman Ave. has a sign that says "Laundry and Dry Cleaning".

3. minime

minime DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think there must be one a few walks down the Foundation university(the elementary campus). It is a small store.

4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    I've used the dry cleaners on Silliman Ave a few shops toward the water from Chantilly Bakery. However, I am not pleased and will try the one across from Harold's Mansion on the corner. It seems like they dry clean my casual shirts but do not press them or else the humidity in their shop ruins the work. I remember my wife turned in her wedding dress after the wedding and they folded it up and stuffed in a box and came out looking like it needed to be turned into a real dry cleaners.

5. OP
    OP
    back2eden

back2eden DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, at this point I am pleased to hear that there is ANY dry cleaners in Dumaguete.

Thanks for all the tips. My wife will be pleased as we are both very allergic to dust and mold, and some of my stuff is coming straight out of years in storage.

While my stuff is being sent from LA, I actually work now in China.

Get this, while you are picking up your newly cleaned clothes at the local family-owned business, the entire family sits around, collectively lights up and begins their (indoor) smoking right near you and the clothes! It's a also a real tiny store. By the time I pay and leave, the clothes I walked in with wearing, now need a good washing.

They have absolutely no clue here. 50 - 70 years behind us in many ways. They also smoke in crowded elevators.