Dumaguete Info Search

Emergency Dumaguete Airport/ Million peso tree/ overnight parking

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by contrail, Apr 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. contrail

contrail DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +71 / 7
    The ongoing Saga of the obstacle (private tree 287 feet high) approach end (mountain side) of 090 of RPVD/Dumaguete Sibulan airport hits international news,issuing of FAA/ NOTAM (notice to airman) Whats with individuals not being part of the community they live in for public safety and comfort??

On another note: Parking warning at airport,,, Please don't think you reinvented the wheel...
    on several occasions,CHEAP people trying to duke the system say they are picking up or dropping off passengers to avoid the minimal parking fee, CAAP/PNP have started impounding cars and motorcycles! don't come cry to me you cheap b------s!

On a lighter note : bring your parking stub to FINISHLINE Cafe, they will pay for your parking by deducting it off your bill. They also offer covered safe long term motorcycle parking.

Fly safe, and remember
    Flying is the second greatest thrill known to man…. Landing is the first!

Every one already knows the definition of a 'good' landing is one from which you can walk away. But very few know the definition of a 'great landing.' It's one after which you can use the airplane another time.

Article forwarded from an awesome aviator friend...

CAAP, SP officials meet
    on runway ‘shortening'
    BY JUDY F. PARTLOW

Negros Oriental Vice Governor Mark Edward Macias has confirmed that officials from the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines have asked an audience with the Sangguniang Panlalawigan today on the supposed shortening of the landing zone at the Dumaguete airport.

Macias, however, said that neither he nor the SP is aware of the purported Notice to Airmen, or NOTAM, published late last week by CAAP regarding the planned shortening of the runway by 436 meters, effective April 15, due to safety reasons.

Cited as the alleged cause of obstruction for aircraft plying the Dumaguete airport route is a tree owned by a private individual in nearby Sibulan town, who was already previously involved in negotiations with CAAP officials for the cutting down of the tree.

Macias said he received a call from Board Member Edmund Dy, informing him that CAAP officials wanted to meet with the legislators due to the supposed NOTAM.

He expressed surprise over the recent development, saying he is aware of the grave implications to the local economy and other areas if the purported NOTAM would be implemented soon.

Macias said that previously, the CAAP had sought the aid of the SP but since the problem needs an executive and not legislative action, they referred this to the local government unit of Sibulan because the airport and the owner of the tree in question are located in that town.

A source, who asked not to be identified, said the decrease in the landing zone for aircrafts at the Dumaguete airport would have an impact on the Airbus 320 units being used by Philippine Airlines Express and Cebu Pacific for the Dumaguete-Manila, and vice versa, routes.

Planes coming in from the mountains instead of from the sea are affected by the tree, which allegedly makes it difficult for the pilots to maneuver their aircraft to the Dumaguete runway, the source added.

The proposed shortening of 436 meters would be from the eastern portion, or from the highway, of the Dumaguete airport runway which measures 1,800 meters, the source added.

Macias said he is aware that if the proposed shortening of the landing zone takes effect, chances are that smaller aircraft, such as the turbo-props, will be plying the Dumaguete route instead of the Airbus 320s.

The SP will do its best to help the CAAP find a better and lasting solution to the apparent problem but Macias stressed that the Sibulan LGU has a bigger role in this.

Officials from CAAP, PAL Express and Cebu Pacific are set to meet with the SP this afternoon on the matter.*JFP

Screenshot_2016-04-05-07-54-27.png

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2016
  2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Does the guy with the tree have any financial interest in moving the airport to Bacong? Just asking as it is routine to follow the money.

3. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    This has been done over many times the trees that 150 meters from the piano keys are 40 ft high not 287 ft high( i would drive a long way to see a tree as tall as that) i am sure he has no interest in the Bacong airport. I for one thinks this a infrastructure problem the runway was built for turbo props , blind fredie could see that if Airbus 320 were to be used the runway had to be extended out the sea, i dont wear the talk that it could not be done its happened all over the world, why is Dumaguete different ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Yes, its being done in Philippines too, just that its China doing it :angelic:

[​IMG]Spratleys!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    contrail

contrail DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +71 / 7
    287 is AMSL . lets not forget minimum safe altitude. Back to the original post.

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Well that name certainly looks familiar.....

Oh....:shifty:

Let's hope the "Master Negotiator" doesn't volunteer his services on this one. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
  8. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    So it's just the one tree? And hopefully not the only shade tree he has over a house or livestock? I wonder if someone has been trying to work something out with this person for about 10 years? I don't see how corporations/ entities in the Philippines can screw up stuff so horribly. If it's just one tree I bet I could get the guy to sell it to me, as long as nobody has antagonized the living sh*t out of him before I ask.

The Ramos right of way I would have secured it before putting in the line. I would have offered triple prime commercial / industrial rate per sq meter (if I had to) and included a reversion clause so that if the line is ever moved they get their property back free. That or move the line slightly to miss the Ramos property to begin with. Or started the condemnation proceedings to legally take their property at a decent price, whatever prime commercial/ industrial property goes for, before the line was installed. If I have to go to court they don't get triple and they don't get the reversion clause. You don't have to screw people over to save a little chump change. If you aren't screwing people over, generally they don't feel the need to make your life suck. Just sayin.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    I know the man and the tree so do many other members that grow veggies, their is two sides to every story then their is the truth the sight is the mans house and his business . Way back when the Air Bus started landing here he had damage to the roof of his house and sheds from wind sheer, no money was forth coming for repairs so the trees were let grow to to give some protection from it happening again. (i think that is fair enough). maybe the stale mate came when some one was asked to sign on the line to except the costs of repairs to any further damage.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    What is minimum safe altitude for structures and persons on the ground? I think you are right that we shouldn't forget minimum safe altitude.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.