Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete Beach Properties For Sale

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by The Dane, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    I have been browsing the various places to look for Dumaguete beach properties for sale and I found out that most beach lots of around 1500-3000sq. meters are going for 10-20 million pesos depending on the condition of the house.

I think I saw around 10 different beach properties for sale so there should be plenty to choose from. Maybe some of the owners are willing to rent their properties too - it never hurts to ask.

Some good tips and things to look for when looking for Dumaguete beach properties for sale:

Right of way, most of hte beach properties around here needs an access roud to get up to the main road, so will you have right of way?

Generator - we do have brownouts and it is nice to have a generator hooked up to the house.

Own well or City water?

Furnished?

Neighbours - at these prices it sure would not hurt to meet the neighbours and talk to them about the area, they can probably tell you a lot about noise, access, problems and good things about the place :smile:

Once I have some more time I will look into having a more complete guide written up, this is basically just a few reminders and ideas.

Happy house hunting!!!

2. travel.hcg

travel.hcg DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have been exploring purchase of beachfront lots and/or house & lot in the area thru to Siaton .. prices vary considerably and I SUSPECT we see failry inflated asking prices on internet sites aimed at foreigners.

I am interested to hear (on the board or privately) of REAL prices there for good beachfront lots with or without houses. Small resorts also a possibility :D Good realtor recommendations ?

I am concerned at some markings on plot sketches that have a "20m environmental protection" line on them -- I am HOPING this is only from the HIGH tide mark and not from the property boundary ?

I have read a little on one members (2blackbelts) journey in Zambo to buy lots and build .. look forward to hearing more on that and others too...

3. 2blackbelts

2blackbelts DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Dumaguete Realestate

We searched the internet for literally months, and accidently stumbled upon a beautiful 113 meter oceanfront lot for sale about 5 km north of Zambo.

We checked it out, and the beachfront was beautiful, with a georgeous view of APO.

The owner of the lot was also a builder in Dumaguete, so not only did we buy - lease the lot, but he is going to build our house, gym, secondary house for my daughter etc. He was fabulous and very affordable. In fact, the lot is so big, we are not even using all of the oceanfront, and may possibly have 40 meters or about 131 ft for sale. We are also having a private and gated concreted road to the property from the national highway.

The downside to this deal is the following: Since we are not Philippino, we cannot "own" property now, even though that law may change in the next few years. We had to have a rock solid land lease done by attorneys which has been completed. It has taken months to get the permits for the road, building the house, etc. Plus, we are even identifying trees that will be removed so we can pay the owners for them. In over three months, not one tree or plant has been cut. However, it looks like this is about done, and we are ready to get started.

I'll send pictures to The Dane to post as progress moves on. If we decide to sell the extra land, we will post it here first.

By the way, we really enjoy this site, and all the information posted keeps us abreast of what is going on, especially since we are not moving over there for two years.

All the best,
    2 blackbelts

4. OP
    OP
    The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Construction in Dumaguete

2Blackbelts,

It would be a very interesting report on the progress of your construction. I think a lot of guys are looking to do the same :smile:

I am looking forward to the pictures.

5. wak-wak

wak-wak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The bolded part really caught my attention. What are you referring to?

It would be great to see stuff like progress, lessons learned and tips with your new place. It would be interesting to me and probably others too.

6. 2blackbelts

2blackbelts DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    realestate

We have been told by several different sources, that the law prohibiting non nationals or foreigners from owning land in the Philippines is up for review and may be changed within a couple of years.

Due to the tremendous amount of beachfront avaible, the government and officials feel that they are losing out on a gigantic source of income to the Philippino people. Not only for the land sale, but for taxes they could charge new hotels, business, etc., as well as big money for construction, employees, and other expenses. The major concern of the government, is that some giant corporation like Hilton, will come into the Phil., and buy up huge amounts of beachfront. So the government is looking at how to regulate that.

We were told that construction will "finally" start the end of December or the first of January. The road is the first thing to go in. Then, a bridge over a small waterway on our property, then finally, clearing the land and starting the house, and everything else. The builder told me it would take 3 months just to do the road and pave it, clear the land, and build the bridge.

We will keep everyone posted with pictures once things start moving forward.

Also, since we are states bound for another two years, we really appreciate all the updates, and feedback on what is going on in Dumaguete.

The best,
    2 blackbelts

7. 2blackbelts

2blackbelts DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Dumaguete Realestate

We just received pictures from our builder today, and they have started clearing for the road to our property from the national highway. If I can figure out how to do it, I'll send some pictures when we have more detail. After three months we are finally started.

2 blackbelts

8. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I see this as a very bad thing
    For one it pushes the real estate prices up and out of the reach of locals
    and adulterates locations.
    Look at phuket for example. It has been totally invaded and ruined by foreigners and is now more expensive than the west.
    We are in a foreign land and should try and live like the locals. If we acn;t then we should go home.
    Also as a foreigner you cannot own land. Only a fool would buy and not rent in Asia unless he/she is prepared to lose all money invested

9. 2blackbelts

2blackbelts DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    buying land in Dumaguete

Even though I may be a foreigner by legal aspects, I will be Filippino at heart, and will support the people any way I can.

Many of us have the means to buy or rent nice properties that are available, when we do this, it helps the locals, as well as the economy. I don't think any ex-pat on this board would want harm to come to anyone simply because we relocated from another country to the Dumaguete area, and I think it is childish and sophmoric to belive this.

I live in a nice home in the US, and I want to live on the beach in a nice home in Dumaguete as well. The construction of my house and other buildings is giving many craftsmen and workers good, solid employment for some time to come. This is work they may not have had.

As for pushing prices upward, this land has sat vacant for centuries, as well as miles of beachfront next to it.

You are correct in the sense that we cannot own land in the Phil. right now. However, you also do not know the extensive legal steps we have taken regarding this situation.

All we want is a great life in Dumaguete, and to help the people, no less and no more. Blaming foreigners for everything that is wrong in life or with a location is rediculous. Everyone has their problem element in society, and I will not be that problem when we move to Dumaguete.

2 blackbelts

• Like Like x 1
  10. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    well for me and I'm sure a lot of other people i like the Phils for its tropical vistas and deserted beachfronts
    Fill that with loads of expat villas and it will start to look less like the Phils and more like Miami or Hawaii. I appreciate what you say about providing work
    but my argument holds for pusshing up prices beyond the reach of locals.
    They say that foreign investement and tourism is good for a country and its people. My argument for this would be to look at Thailand. Phuket, Samui, Pattaya etc ahve all but been destroyed beyond repair from foreign investment, both socially, economically and environmentally. Locals cannot afford to buy anywhere and all new buildings are aimed at the rich foreigner market. Environemnatlly they are really even more of a disaster.
    The only people to have benifited here are rich foreigners and rich thais.
    The normal person has been forced into prostitution or crime to make ends meet.
    I may sound negative but I do not want what has happened in Thailand to happen in the Philippines, but if more and more foreigners move in, and start building then it will.
    What has happened in Thailand is a tragedy and it should never be allowed to
    repeat itself
    Just a word of warning.
    If you like the Phils for its natural beauty, its adventurous off the beaten tarck feel and its relative lack of commercialization then I would be very careful about what you do there and who you tell about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.