Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete Diving

Discussion in '☋ Diving and Marine Life ☋' started by Virtual-me, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Virtual-me

Virtual-me DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What dive sites are MUST-DO dives sites around Dumaguete?

Apo Island sounds like the hot place around, but even over there I found many different spots :smile:

I read the manta ray thread, too bad that is rare, I would love to dive with manta rays, are there any places they are more common? and what time of year etc. should I try to "catch" them :smile:

2. Diver

Diver DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hello Virtual

Yes a must is Apo Island and dont forget the pier of Ducomi you will find a lot of strange things over there but most it is macro.
    A nice place to dive is close to Dauin the almost gone banka and the toyota's .
    You dont find there corrals but only a slope of lava sand, but i can ensure you that there is al lot of live in and above the sand and I love this place.
    I have been at Dauin already 12 times for a holiday and I will be back there end of april.

No there are no manta's near Dumaquete you heve to go to Malapasqua a small island at the top of Cebu.
    You can make very nice dives at Alona beach on Panglao it is not so far away form Dumaquete and a stay there for a couple of days is also a must.

If you like more information just tell me what you like to know, I made a lot of dives at the Philippines.
    Greetings from a white(snow) Holland.

J.Diver

3. cheskaraul

cheskaraul DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Apo is one of the diving spots i love to visit though Cebu and Panglao have some great places too! Diver's right, Malapascua is a great diving spot! :smile:

4. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Apo is the best, of course but after that.....
    Moalboal/Pescador, Balikasag (but not alona),Sumilan and Liloan Point, Cabilao

5. Diver

Diver DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Balicasag is Alona, you gan go by a boat to this small island every day and it is a small trip.
    I prefer to stay in a resort at Alona beach on Balicasag is nothing to do.

Greetings J.Diver

6. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    saying balikasag is alona is like saying Sumilon is Dauin or Siquijor is Apo
    If its choppy the pumpboats from the alona resorts wont go out to balikasag and you are stuck with ho hum local dives - it happened to me last time - 3 days at Alona Kew and not a single dive center going out to balikasag
    .... there is a small resort on balikasag itself
    .... good to stay a night or 2
    about $80 per night... but dives are included : )

7. Diver

Diver DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Therfore I like to stay on alona, coz when the sea is to choppy , you can always dive at alona.
    And yes Balicasac is beautifull to dive , nice slopes en en very nice drop off.
    Also de school off barracuda's is great to see en go into the school is very special to do.
    At Alona I always stay at seaquest, a nice small resort.

Greetings J.Diver

8. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    ld you really place moalboal as second debudiver?

9. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    when the vis over 20 meters its my 2nd favorite after Apo but
    when the vis is 15 meters its a little dissapointing -
    cabilao might rank higher but I only dove it a few times about 8 years ago so I listed it last

10. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Beautiful Fish south of Dumaguete

Well , I am sure that Rhoody ,among others will know this fish and since he has so many divings (3000 hrs !!) perhaps even knows exactly where to find this beauty. English name MAJESTIC ANGEL , AKA Blue Girdled Angelfish.
    Auf Deutsch Traum Kaiserfisch
    Or Pomacanthus ( Euxiphipops) navarchus.......

There is a lot of goodies to see near Dauin but even more just under Zambo......
    This is just one of the nicest fishes you will come by.

Secons picture is taken in my facility here in Manila...

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.