Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete gang war?

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Dong, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dong

Dong DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We read about a shoot out between the bloods and crips in downtown Dumaguete yesterday in the newspaper.

Is it safe to walk the streets of Dumaguete these days, without risking being caught in a crossfire?

2. PrensBana

PrensBana DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    All you need to know about Bloods & Crips

:confused: AMBOT :confused:

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Bloods and Crips Gang in Dumaguete City

Bloods and Crips Gang in Dumaguete City

Two young men suspected of being members of the street gang “Bloods”, were arrested shortly after midnight Monday following the shooting of three minors believed to be members of the rival gang, “Crips”.

The suspects were identified as Ricky Zamora Oliveros, 22, single, of Barangay Camanjac and Ralph Ryan Valencia, 19, single, a resident of Barangay Daro, all in Dumaguete City.

Insp. Romulo Lledo of the Dumaguete police said around 1:15 a.m. Tuesday, the police station received a call regarding a shooting incident that transpired along San Juan Street in downtown Dumaguete.

The victims, aged 15, 16 and 17, and all males, were rushed to the hospital for treatment.

Initial police investigation showed that one of the victims sustained a gunshot wound on his abdomen and another on his right arm, while the third minor victim’s injury could not yet be ascertained.

A third suspect, believed to be an accessory to the crime, was also brought to the police station for questioning on his perceived links to Oliveros and Valencia, the police said.

In an interview, Oliveros and Valencia claimed to be members of the Bloods gang and that the purported shooting incident early Tuesday was in retaliation to at least two previous shooting attempts on them by alleged Crips members in recent weeks.

The police, however, did not recover any firearm from the possession of Oliveros or Valencia.

This is the second shooting incident in recent days in what many believe is a resurgence of the “gang war” in Dumaguete, although Insp. Lledo declined to comment on it, saying police are still conducting further investigation.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------

WELL WELL, I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THIS SIDE OF DUMA

Maybe we should wear purple bandanas so both sides may think we're theirs..

OOPS, ... or both side may shoot at us :eek:

Cheers and Beers

PB

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. E-man

E-man DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did they arrest these GANGSTER.....

If they didn't arrest these gangsters... we need a new tough police chief and a Mayor who knows what to do to make people in Dumaguete feel safe walking the streets..... as it is now whit unsolved murders and other crimes I give Dumaguete TRUMBS DOWN.....NO LONGER SAFE!

4. appy_ammer

appy_ammer DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Lol

Sure it safe if you dont go to the area where you know the trouble is. Especially if your in your lowrider wearing red or blue and got Public Enemy or Cyprus Hill booming out of the subs and kissing your teeth haha... :rolleyes:

5. appy_ammer

appy_ammer DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Lol

Being serious... im really worried about Rhoody. He wears his cap backwards so maybe he will get mistaken for a local gang banger. Plus he still looks in his teens :wink: Sorry Rhoody just making light of the nonsense drama ? Is Dumaguete safe, a lot safer than the western world :eek:

6. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    In this country a foreigner strolling about at late hours needs to be able to "read vibes" for the area that he's at.
    If you don't understand that, then you might be wise to stay in at night.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Yeah, you mean like San Jose street where this shooting was? Home for Hotel Nicanor, Cafe Laguna, Sans Rival and Chin Loong and center of tourism for travelers?

8. OP
    OP
    Dong

Dong DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    When I read the newspaper piece about the bloods and crips having a war in Dumaguete, I laughed silently.

But after learning more, it's really not a laughing matter.

With the local culture of corruption, and the fact that many of the gang members are from affluent families... Something tells me, this very serious problem of teenage gangsters with guns and drugs will be ongoing.

Everyone knows the dangers of gang territories in America. Most people avoid those areas {like the plague} unless they are addicted to drugs, or don't have the means to escape-

I sure as HELL don't want my son going to a school where gangs are going to harass/recruit him. Especially a private school that I'm paying good money for...

9. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Got to agree with you Marc. Never felt uncomfortable here or anywhere else in the province. Came across the NPA in the hills around Sta. Catalina - no problem. But in London I wouldn't go south of the river after dark.

10. PangitPilot

PangitPilot DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    dong, missed the articles. Would you mind pm'ing me the school you are referring to
    Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.