Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete Immigration Office

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by The Dane, Nov 7, 2006.

1. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    The immigration office in Dumaguete is a lot more relaxed than the Manila counterpart. Expenstions are easy and take a few minutes as opposed to a whole day in Intramouros.

The Dumaguete Immigration Office is located at ACO Door number eight, Lu Pega Building 38 Dr V Locsin Street.

Their phone number is : 035 225 4401

So if you need extensions or other immigration issues handled I would strongly suggest you try the local Dumaguete Immigration Office before venturing in to Manila to face the struggles of main office.

2. mrbee

mrbee DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Dane,I can get a visa here in Australia for a stay of 59 days in the Phils.,how many times can I extend this if I want to spend most of my time over there. Cheers

3. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

You can extend for 59 day increments up to 16 months without hassle. You must then leave and re-enter the country or get a special extension from Manila.

Larry in Dumaguete

4. mrbee

mrbee DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    visas

Thanks for that info Larry,much appreciated.Hope to meet up sometime and have a few cold ones.

5. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    now it takes two days though due to a police check
    in cebu
    it costs more as well as you have to pay for this check
    you still have to pay the express fee as well which is downright cheeky really

6. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    A police check for a straight visa extension? Is that correct?

Is this a new requirement? If not, for how long has it been around?

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

Yes, Yabs is correct. It started in January, a little later in some other areas, but a "clearance" is now required. The clearance costs P500, and the express fee for it (which you must also pay) is another P500.

8. mrbee

mrbee DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    visas

Yeah,they're very good at charging fees for anything.
    Some years ago I was 12 hours late leaving Manila for home,due to the planes late arrival from Hong Kong,and was fined P1000 by the lovely lady at the Immigration desk for overstaying my tourist visa.
    No receipt or anything...straight into her purse I'd say....:(

9. Marshall

Marshall DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    One word of caution about the Dumaguete Office of Immigration: They are NOT a full-service office.

One specific example: If you stay here on a tourist visa for six months or longer you must obtain an Emigration Clearance Certificate from the Office of Immigration before you are permitted to leave the country. THE OFFICE IN DUMAGUETE CANNOT ISSUE AN ECC.

For that you must visit the Office of Immigration either in Manila or Cebu. To obtain the ECC you must have three (3) 2 x 2 photographs and you must appear in person as fingerprints are also required. The ECC costs only 20 or 30 pesos, but of course you will be charged the usual P500 Express Lane Fee.

10. mrbee

mrbee DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Marshall for that info,much appreciated.