Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete Info Meeting - June 16

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by The Dane, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Hi There,

It is time to try to get together for another Dumaguete Info Meeting.

All are welcome.

This time it will be in Coco Amigos at 7PM on Saturday the 16th of June.

Hope to see a lot of new faces there, locals, expats, tourists - whoever wanna join the fun.

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    hehe... they will not run out of SMB...:D I hope we meet many new friends and Danester, with your choice of music-dvd we will have a great time (as long Shakira does not cover ACDC songs...:o )

cheers in advanced

Rhoody

3. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Coco Amigos is the best choice for a meeting place guys. Staff are friendly and polite. Food is great and good price too. Wide screen to watch videos, a little dance floor to strut your booty, bar that has endless supply of drinks. The place is likely a mexican theme and they still offer variety of menus to your taste.

Good choice guys and have fun...:wink:

4. OP
    OP
    The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Coco Amigos

I agree about the Coco Amigos thing, Why Not would be too loud and most other places are just restaurants, there are a few other places, like Devlins, I have never been there but I think that would be suitable too. I would like to try different venues for the Dumaguete Info meetings as well.

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I hope we are some more this time, I am sure we gonna have some good ideas at the meeting. I also hope that many locals showing up... They have for sure some other (local) places in mind where the beer is cold and the food is good. If we are ten we fit in the middle treehouse in Hayahay next time. On Saturdays it's not noisy until 10 o'clock.

see you on Saturday.
    Rhoody

6. West Coast Hokies

West Coast Hokies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    So, how has the attendance been the last couple of meetings? Just wondering. From the board activity, I'm thinking you would be getting a nice turnout.

Hey, I will be visiting Dumaguete in early July. Meeting or no meeting, I hope to meet some of you over a cold one! I'll be in touch:smile:

7. OP
    OP
    The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Dont forget ... Tomorrow Saturday at 7PM in Coco Amigos :smile:

8. tonyrems

tonyrems DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Best Forum for Dumaguete and the province...

It's almost 5PM in the East Coast and I just registered to this great site for lovers of Dumaguete, the province and its people. I missed last night's info meeting/gathering but I'm sure everyone had fun. I'm looking forward to meeting everybody next week when I get back home to reality...

I was born and raised in dumaguete, and am very excited when I meet new people who appreciate the city for what it is. It's not perfect, but it's definitely one of the best. People with varied and wide travel experiences, and who come from different parts of the world are great sources of ideas/suggestions and constructive criticisms. The truth hurts, but we have to accept the sad fact that the city needs to make more improvements to make it more appealing for everybody. One of the nice things about the city is that it is also the center for travels/ visits to other exciting places in the Philippines. Drive 15 to 30 minutes away and you are living/staying either by the beach or up in the cool mountains.

Nature lovers will be happy to note that there are two locations for mountain dwellings in the vicinity. Valencia is in the south with cool mountains and already inhabited by a ggod number of locals and expats. Sibulan and San Jose (where you have a better passage way to the twin lakes) are in the north with equally cool mountains (and a great view of the Tanon Strait)
    but fewer dwellings, thus creating more serene and quiet sorroundings.

I could go on and on... but I will leave more time for personal talks and exchanges of ideas. I will be in Dumaguete on the last week of june and would gladly want to have a drink or two at Coco's or one of the many other places. You can also email me at tonyrems@aol.com.

Please email me for my cell, local or Int'l #s ( I have 2 VOIP lines that can be reached from around the world for free or cheaper rates).

See you or hear from you then...

9. West Coast Hokies

West Coast Hokies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Nice comments, tonyrems! Welcome to the forum, glad for your participation. My wife is from Valencia, and she has similar thoughts. We always enjoy our visits to Dumaguete.

10. tonyrems

tonyrems DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Memorable Valencia!

I also love Valencia and the people! I grew up in Dumaguete and Valencia was one favorite destination even then. Silliman U. has properties there and we use to have 2 night campings at Camp lookout. Your wife should be familiar with this. It's starting to be crowded though. An alternative for some privacy would be in the other side. Try San Jose, 2 towns from the city and go up the twin lakes. Nice properties to own and build on the way up there. I'm developing in the area. Will be back in the city end of June. Let's touch base specially if and when you go to the city. Take care and enjoy...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.