Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete man commits suicide after crossing a 12-year-old girl

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by mokum, Dec 20, 2018.

1. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    Negros - A 45-year-old man was found dead at 9am in Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental province, dead in his home on the San Jose Extension. - klajoo.com - Dumaguete City Chief of Police Superintendent Jonathan Pineda says Henry Centino had run over 12-year-old Jasmine Digno on Sunday afternoon on Valencia Road in the East Balabag area of Valencia, driving off the driver. The investigation showed that Centino was drunk when he overcame the girl with his Isuzu Crosswind and killed, then accelerated and drove it almost one more person. The passengers of Centino asked him to stop and got out while Centino drove off. Pineda says Centino probably killed herself on Sunday night by a shot in the mouth, with a .45 pistol. EPD 20.12.2018 - 2:55

2. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    A man killing herself? :wideyed::wacky: Are the men now becoming females after running over a girl? A case of not proofreading the news before they put it online. :sour:

Anyway, the complete accident thing is a sad one. :sorry: The unlucky girl has to die because another one did drink too much again. :hungover::sorry::vomit::frown:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I think this is due to a bad translation. Obviously he did a bit more than "cross" this young girl.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Wow, such sad news. There is info on this all over FB of course.

It appears the vehicle rear-ended the motorcycle, which was stopped or slowing for a turn. One back-rider was killed. The mother and two other children survived. From other articles, it appears the cause of death was impact with the ground rather than being run over.

Motorcycles are dangerous. Most Filipino's don't know proper safety protocols for driving. A greater percentage of foreigners know the protocols but they aren't "motorcycle fluent" drivers. In an ideal world, only those who are highly competent driving motorcycles would be driving them. To put it grimly, motorcycles are a developing world sacrifice of the value of life in exchange for the value of quick transportation. Foreigners who come to the Philippines with no experience driving motorcycles don't realize this.

NOTE: No foreigners were involved in this accident.

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I had never really rode a motorcycle until the Philippines. I think I am a better rider for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    There was another foreigner who allegedly commited suicide last saturday evening in bacong. A guy from the u.s.
    People say he put a plastic bag over his head but details are sketchy as of now.
    I knew of this guy and have my suspicions about circumstances. But nothing in the news anywhere.

• Informative Informative x 5
  7. kowpot

kowpot DI Junior Member Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +41 / 2
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I knew a guy that tried to commit suicide once. He really wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed though. He climbed up on his bed and put the rope around his neck. Then he jumped off the bed and the curtain opened. :innocent:

8. furriner

furriner DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    This post gets the trophy for the worst bisaya/English translation of the week. Another local example of a drunk foreigner making it bad for the good foreigners who don’t get drunk and run over kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    not sure how you came to the conclusion there were any foreingers involved...? lost in translaion?

• Like Like x 1
  10. dr ski

dr ski DI Member

Derelict
    Ratings:
    +784 / 125
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Having been an avid motorcyclist for 40 years in the US, I will not ride a bike here. I've been too indoctrinated with the laws of physics and rules of the road which clearly do not apply here! If you're going to ride one of these toy scooters here, you are better off never having rode in a civilized world. Riding in the US was a great pleasure. Riding here would be another aggravation.

• Like Like x 2