Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete - Nightlife

Discussion in '☋ Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment ☋' started by Rhoody, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    For a given reason a serious question...

What is the Dmaguete Nightlife (if there is ona at all) ??? I am here nearly 3 years now. So where to go pls no answers like ooooh Wednesday Hayahay...
    Friday, Saturday Hayahay or Why Not...

It is nice a couple of times or as a tourist.
    But IMHO the star-band stopped 2 years ago to develop... and stand-still is loosing in the musicbusiness

so where and what is the top band, what places to go, where is the party,
    and I dont talk about 30 lasingeros try to sing Karaoke and getting aggressive.

So This question is for our younger members at the board...

Where is the Dumaguete nightlife ???

cheers

Rhoody

2. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    hi roody, 81 views without any single reply, i take the first shot rood,

i hope to be considered as a younger member, hehehhe, this might sound cheap and negative for others, but lets wait and see their reaction, why not visit some floor shows outside city limit, maybe more than a couple of bars, with cheap beer. i forgot the name of other bars but one catches my attention "fantasy" hehehhe

3. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Our kind of nightlife is the "tapok-tapok". We'd go around someones place get some drinks and chat or play music. Going to a bar or some such was'nt really a common practice - mind you I have been away for the most part of nearly twenty years so it may have changed now. Personally I prefer the tapok as I don't have to put up with crappy music and some dipstick blabbering loudly. India, an acquaintance of mine owns one of those spots you mentioned.:smile:

4. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12

My husband actually spotted perhaps what ur talking about India .Is this one of the bars crowding with glassy eyed western guys past the city limit or nr the airport ? What's in this ' fantasy' ...some entertainment?

5. progmeister

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Newt, it's mentertainment I would imagine hehe. Not just westerners but anyone who has enough dosh goes in there. I've never set foot in these places as I'm far too busy catching up with family and friends whenever I'm home. Besides that who wants to be in a hot sweaty place when there are lovely beaches (or the other spelling hahaaaaaahh!!) all over the place?:D

6. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    India,
    i can help you with this...
    Checkpoint and Sweet Angels, Fantasy
    PN you are completely wrong. 90% inside this bars are local lasingeros. Sitting around the stage, if not already sleeping, watching expiered bored dancers.
    Fantasy has a construction going on, let's see is they can get rid of the smell of old fat...
    Sweet Angels (or is it lucky Angels) is dirty and disgusting, fights between locals inside are quite common and the security don't give a d*mn sh... about that.
    Checkpoint (formerly checkers) has mooved 2 km towards Sibulan and is the cleanest of the places, but you have to go through a small walkway who scares the hell out of a not local person. 1 Meter wide and at both ends people standing in the way and asking for a little money.
    As beauty lies in the eye of the beholder I don't judge the ladies, activity and entertainment going on stage. But the way potential costumer get approached is simply disgusting. A Videoke Bar in Tondo has more class.

cheers

Rhoody

7. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Other than the afore mentioned places already on rhoody's radar it seems, there is no entertainment here, it is the best thing about this place, supply your own, there are plenty of raw materials.
    I am an old drummer, and currently didling with photography, I have managed to stay quite entertained with offers to jam in Tabobo, and was invited and took part in an arts festival with my photos. I have other interests as well and travel with friends to enjoy them when I have time. You see I like farming too, so I have started to raise some pigs on a small scale...

this forum can be quite entertaining what with Italian chefs looking for rabbits that eat grass, men suckling dogs, and some idiot who thinks he can invent a better tricycle.

Bands? Cebu is a short trip. Or we could start our own the "old fart express"

8. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    RHB,
    I started a thread a while ago "... not good but loud..." try to find it...
    I was looking for some fellows to make some music from time to time... I play three chords, sometimes... somtimes only 2.5,
    we had a small session at develins 1 month ago, it was fun and a lot to drink... he has a old drumset and a mistuned keyboard, somebode here who can play bass or leadguitar ?
    They problem is that I am not the CCR age, more direction ACDC, Goerge Thorogood (get a haircut and get a real job - my absolute favourite song, hehe)

now we start talking

Rhoody

9. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    first I have been away from it for awhile, my chops were everything from the dreaded ccr to Led Zepplin, (father of ACDC), Who, then got into the brittish then Chicago blues scene. little herbie hancock style jazz, and evrything in between. Even was in an Elvis impersonator band once, Hunka hunka my love until I puked.
    There is ayoung felow here who has been trying to get me to jam with him and the guys from the whynot band, so far have not hooked up, he is a great vocalist did gigs in Manila, makes our karaoke sound sweet. also a drummer he says.
    hmm...

10. progmeister

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I definitely have to see you guys when I get home. I play pretty much anything and can sing when well oiled :D 70's/80's/90s rock/metal sounds good :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.