Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete Restaurants

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by The Dane, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Ok, What is your favorite restaurant in Dumaguete City?

(I could imgine this thread flame up if someone said McDo :smile: )

I would lean towards Coco Amigos, they have a great staff and great food, and I love sitting in the back watching Concert videos and have a cold beer.

A close second is probably Le Chalet at Why Not, even though we had some not so good food experiences in there at times - like sweet mayo on a club sandwich:eek:.

third rank would be shared between Boston Market and Persian Palate, Boston Market do a really good pasta, I am not a fan of their sweet pizzas though. Persian Palate has some great starters, so I usually just order a few starters there, it is good to have the variety.

SO... what is your favorite restaurant in Dumaguete City?

2. OP
    OP
    The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Restaurants outside Dumaguete City

the restaurants I listed are just the restaurants in Dumaguete City, I am also a big fan of the Toko restaurant in Atlantis, but that is outside the city, so not mentioned in my initial post.

3. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I think dumaguete lacks good retaurants really
    In Puerto Princesca they have tow exceelent ones
    Kah Luis comes to mind but we lack that, thats why the anouncemment of more crap places like MacD's opening hit a sore spot with me.
    Coco amigos is ok but the food is nothing outstanding. Le Chalet can be dodgy sometimes. My chicken curry was only half cooked last time.
    My vote for best has to be Lab as seafood.
    we need more places like this not frigging MacD's

4. OP
    OP
    The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    yeah Labas and Haya Hay are good places too :smile:

5. Tank

Tank DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rosante and Chin Loong are also very good.

6. OP
    OP
    The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Rosante? don't know that one (yet :smile: )

7. bigkev

bigkev DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i like the restaurant at the santa monica beach resort..i always stay there when i am in dumaguete and their grilled tanigui is so good with rice and a san miguel... simple meals are usually better..and cheaper too... then of course there is always shakey's or pizza hut for a taste of home...jollibee sucks...lol ill be in dumaguete for xmas to hopefully go diving on apo...anyone want to join me?

8. OP
    OP
    The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Christmas in Dumaguete

We will be in Coco Amigos on the 24th having a little Xmas party for the staff there :smile:

Even got them a little surprise :smile:

Anybody in town are more than welcome to join, we will arrive around 7-8pm and stay the rest of the night :smile:

9. wak-wak

wak-wak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry to be somewhat off-topic, but you just gave me a flashback of my favorite restaurant in PI. After my first meal there I ate there more until I left. Reservations needed because it is so good. I would think Dumaguete could easily get fresh seafood like they do, but there is more to Ka Lui than just fresh seafood.

I am always searching for one like it in other destinations. I have my first trip to Dumaguete coming soon......so my search will continue there. :smile:

[​IMG]

10. waterbaby74

waterbaby74 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    favorite restaurant? that should be don atilano steakhouse at la residencia hotel. i used to like mamia's but the menu is exactly the same since the day it opened. there's nothing interesting to try anymore. and i'll never forget the soggy ceasar's salad they served me the last time i was there. que lastima :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.