Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete street map?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by wretched_hyena, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wretched_hyena

wretched_hyena DI Member

Artist
    Ratings:
    +6 / 7
    Does anyone know where I can get a good map of Dumaguete? I've bought them at teh National Bookstore, etc. but they never go very far west. My property is on Magatas Rd., off of Caman Jac, outside the limits, but it's still part of the Dumaguete "metropolitan" area. :wink: I would like to find a detailed map that would show that.
    Richard

2. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Did you try Opsimus? It is a great store that has simply everything you can't find anywhere else. They do have maps, but not sure if any meet your requirements. It's across from Ultra vision on the highway north.

3. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    good point !

I purchased this week 2 maps: one of Dumaguete and one of Negros.
    I did not look to the details on the map and thought " it will be allright, these maps".
    At home I was shocked about both.
    The year indication on both: edition 2006
    Provider: Island View promotions (from Cebu City)
    Both maps are worthless. I wonder how they can sell them (yeah, to people like me who don't look sometimes to what they buy :mad: )
    The map of Negros is ridiculous. The places are hardly (even mostly not) readible; so badly printed and so small) and the highway in my barangay is e.g. drawn on 4 km from the beach i.s.o. the reality of only 400 meter !
    The northern top of Negros is even not ending at the sea somewhere.
    OK, the maps are cheap, but completely worthless.
    When I bought my car a year ago I got from the dealer a map from
    Negros (EZ MAP).It shows quite well the roads and places on both provinces of Negros with even a small detailed map of Siquijor and City maps of Bacolod and Dumaguete.
    This is the best map of Dumaguete I have, with an index of the streets, the names indicated at the respective streets and locations + names of many hotels, restaurants, schools/universities, parks etc..
    Why did I then buy new maps ??? Oh simple.... I wanted to give the people who rent our bungalow a good support (:mad: ) for their excursions :confused: :o
    I'm gonna check RHB's suggestion.

4. OP
    OP
    wretched_hyena

wretched_hyena DI Member

Artist
    Ratings:
    +6 / 7

Please let us know what you find. I'm back in the states now, so I can't go there. If you find something good, I can have my brother-in-law buy one and send it to me. :smile:
    Thanks,
    Richard

5. OP
    OP
    wretched_hyena

wretched_hyena DI Member

Artist
    Ratings:
    +6 / 7
    Thanks. I'm back in the states now, but if I can find out what they have, I'll get my brother-in-law to get one and send it to me.

I wonder if the government has one.

Richard

6. JWL

JWL DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cangs Inc. have a very good selection of maps of Dumaguete & yes the government do a very good map of Du8maguete but it i8s about 4' X 3'.

7. OP
    OP
    wretched_hyena

wretched_hyena DI Member

Artist
    Ratings:
    +6 / 7
    I got maps at Cangs as well as a couple of Atlases, but they still didn't have a Dumaguete map that shows the outskirts toward Valencia and Sibulan. Everything seems to cut off exactly there and Bacong. Anyway, I don't mind it being 4' x 3'. Thanks. I wish I could find satellite photos that would zoom in closer. In the Manila photos I've seen, you can see cars.
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.