Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete The University Town

Discussion in '☋ Education ☋' started by The Dane, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    You can not take a walk in Dumaguete without running in to scores of students from one of the many universities here, this gives the city a fresh breath of life as a lot of these students moved to Dumaguete to study from all over the Philippines. Silliman University is considered one of the best universities in the Philippines and that combined with the citys reputation as the city of gentle people makes it very popular to study here in Dumaguete.

Also the Boulevard is a very poplar place for students to hang out and read or just relax in the afternoons after class.

The city's student popluation is estimated at some 30.000 students... will you be in the next batch?

2. waterbaby74

waterbaby74 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Silliman is awesome! I was just there yesterday to check out what's new coz I haven't gone back in ages since my last semester as a college Senior.

My... does that sort of give away my age now? :wink:

I was impressed by the progress. New buildings, new facilities. It makes me want to be a student once more. haha. :smile:

Studying under accacia trees that are lots older than dad was an extra treat. Kudos Silliman :smile:

3. ROQUETIBOR

ROQUETIBOR DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yes, Dumaguete City amplifies an ideal University Town... I've been to other areas but the city is superb! There's nothing like Dumaguete!

4. OP
    OP
    The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    The universities in Dumaguete certainly gives the city a more vibrant atmosphere.

5. ROQUETIBOR

ROQUETIBOR DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Dumaguete, oh Dumaguete...
    I practically grew up in this quite city...

6. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    I am not from Dumaguete myself,but I spent some years living in Dumaguete whilst studying there.I have very good memories of Dumaguete,it's like home to me.Having lived within Silliman campus for some years too,I missed those acasia trees.Every morning I woke up, I can see from my room window those leafy branches of those huge acasias,so peaceful living in the campus like your back yard ,whilst the amphi theatre like a grand garden feature ,not bad lols ...all fresh in memory.Just missing Dumaguete,and all of Dumaguete to pieces.;-X

7. cheskaraul

cheskaraul DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's really easy to miss a place to Dumaguete, I leave it for a few days and after even just one day I'm dying to get back. There's no place better to study than Silliman!

8. HotMomma

HotMomma DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Silliman U. the best school ever in the Visayas....

9. ViperACR

ViperACR DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've seen Philippines Statistics Board info that while 2.5 million enroll in colleges throughout PI every year, only 20% make it to graduation..

I still have the Excel sheet they sent me somewhere..

10. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Wish i went to this prestigious university- Silliman University during my uni years but i preferred to go to Cebu City instead. My sister had a degree in Bachelor of Science in Pol Sci which then wanted to proceed Law but after her graduation, she was offered a teaching job. So, she grabbed the opportunity and during her job she also took Masteral Degree and she's now a Doctorate in Education and would soon the Principal in High School.
    Talking of next batch, my fave niece will be next in the queue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.