Dumaguete Info Search

Bacolod Dumaguete to Bacolod

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by Travellingman, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Travellingman

Travellingman DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hello
    Does anyone know about a new road to Bacolod from further north of the one that goes across from just above Bais. I heard that there is a new much better road which is further north but might make the journey longer?
    Anyone know about this?
    Thanks

2. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    That old north used to be the old road going to Bacolod, kinda far compared via mabinay

3. ViperACR

ViperACR DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There's a road just outside San Carlos that goes to Bacolod. It's 80+ km from SC.

Or you can go over the top of the island from SC; something like 144km SC to Bacolod that a way.

The Mabinay Rd route is fine, don't know why you'd think you'd need a better road. 214km last time I checked it.

4. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    whichever road you take going to bacolod is the same. they are all in very bad condition. if you go farther and higher you will see that those asphalts laid are getting thinner specially in the mountains. o by the way! you can also see face of one politician on the way to these mountains. also nearing to these school zones you will see bar post which can pose danger to the riding public during night. anyways just be careful if you want to travel on these roads.

5. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    If you look at a map of Negros, it'll probably help: -

Map of Negros, Philippines, Asia - Collins Maps

There are basically 3 main routes to Bacolod across the mountains.

As you say the Mabinay-Kabankalan turn off just north of Bais city. The second is just after Vallehermoso, via Canla-on city, La Castellana/La Carlota city. The third previously mentioned too, is just on the southern outskirts of San Carlos city, via (Don)Salvador Benedicto.

6. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I totally agree, one of the worst roads / streets which I considered is this Negros Island it's not just north road or south road but the main city itself, Dumaguete, especially that road bound to Palinpinon, Valencia, silliman heights, back of Foundation Univ. road, Bajumpandan, that back rough road bound to sibulan, and agan-an. It got lots of holes, broken asphalts and or lots of "band aid" look a like roads. Expect you'll car get damage every 3 months.

7. Angrysmoker

Angrysmoker DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    I remember taking that San Carlos route as a child to spend my summers in Bacolod. That was not a fun ride, from what i remember. If those cliff-side roads are still the same, them being not wide enough to be considered two lanes and having oncoming buses and trucks as traffic both ways...err..yeah. That was like a full 12hr+ trip. But yeah, no idea on the current status of that route. Though I heard there's some chocolate hills type scenery near San Carlos.