Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete Traffic Violation No:134558

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Rhoody, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    First I wanted to post it in "Where is the humor here?" but I decided it is worth to start a new thread. Gonna try to make a long story short...

I woke up this morning and realized it is time for a VISA - extension, no Problem, 5 coffee - morning routine on the computer - shower - and off I went on my bike to the immigration office. I wanted to park in front of Unitops. The "Traffic-Officer" told me to move it further up the street as the bike is too long and reaches into the street on this narrow "scooter-parking" lanes."Hey nice guy" I thought,"Thank you, Sure no problem". :smile:

Found a appropriate spot between two cars, parked my bike and went to my immigration-angels. They told me that the commissioner is not here today, I made an appointment for Friday, as I need to talk to him and went out again.

NO 5 MINUTES !!!

A yellow piece of paper was "folded and squeezed" between the cables. I had a look and, Yes you are right:
    Dumaguete Traffic Violation Ticket No:134558

I really could not believe my eyes... for ILLEGAL PARKING :eek:

That sounded somehow unreal to me, I looked around, but there was no "Ticket-Officer" around who I could ask. I stared at the yellow paper and was not sure if I am just dreaming and would wake up soon for my daily routine and some coffee.

Pinching myself did not wake me up...so it was reality. So I took my camera and took picture of my ILLEGAL PARKING, still no clue why, as I was sent here by another "Traffic Officer":confused: ... who was gone when I looked for him with my Traffic Violation Ticket No: 134558

I don't mind 50 Peso (or whatever that penalty is), and I do understand completely that it is a kind of mandatory that

a bike has no lights in pitch-black nights
    you make U-turns in corners without any signals and warnings
    you txting, smoking, listen to MP3 carrying 3 shopping bags and that all in one go
    you stop in the 3rd row during rush-hour to yell 5 minutes across the street ....
    (...to be continued endlessly...)

So lets see this post as a Warning, don't park your bike like i did, it is ILLEGAL !!!

cheers

Rhoody

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Dumaguete Traffic Violation No:134558 Add-on

I just realized two things on my "Dumaguete Traffic Violation No:134558"
    what really cracks me up....

Dumaguete would be the richest city in the PI if they charge only 10% of the violation named in the first picture.

... I guess Dumaguete is running a exchange program with Traffic Officers from China, Japan or Korea as I have some problems to identify the PRINTED NAME of the Traffic Officer on case... (picture two)

Anybody who can give me the Name will have free drinks at the DI-Meeting on coming Saturday...

cheers

Rhoody

Attached Files:

3. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    and oddly, if you parked on the sidewalk you would not get a ticket. They usually give you 5-10 minutes parked in a car only zone, but that guy must have seen the big bike and saw "foreigner"

4. fundiver198

fundiver198 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    What a crime

Hi Rhoody

I guess your crime was, that you parked your bike in a car-only parking zone. This of course is a major violation of the law and a huge concern for the public is a city, where trafic and parking is otherwise very orderly. Just look at how delivery trucks park around the public market......

So please go to the municipality with a deeply bended head and pay your 50 peso fine :p :p :p

Lars

By the way: nice bike. :smile:

5. fundiver198

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Proper attire when driving

By the way its funny that its also illegal to drive around in slippers. I had no clue, that this was the case.

Another one for "where is the humour on here" are the new rules, that they have in the airport of Dumaguete. Tricycle or taxi drivers are no longer allowed to enter the airport, unless they wear proper attire i.e. shoes and long trousers.

I know that, because last time I went to the airport, my driver did NOT wear proper attire. So I had to get off at the gate and carry my luggage all the way to the departure hall.

So unless you want THAT to happen to YOU, ALWAYS find a tricycle driver, who is properly dressed before going to the airport.... :D :D :D

The comment of my filipino fiancee, when I told her about this, was quite short: "Its very idiot".

And I guess, that is exactly, what is it. As is giving a parking ticket to Rhoody for parking his bike for a few minutes in a "car only" area but at a space, where there wouldn`t have been room for a car anyway. Like Rhoody say, its not exactly like there isn`t any more important stuff for the trafic officers in Dumaguete to look into.... :smile:

Lars

6. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Lars, RHB,
    you might be right, but I was sent from an traffic officer to that spot, and if you look at the top picture on the very left, you can see another bike parking there in the area. (it had no ticket, I checked)

But now I am on the safe side because :

I just taped the lights of my bike with black masking tape to be ready to hit the road now. Also found one of this cigarette-lighters with this little "pin-spot", should be enough for going to town. Then I might drink way too much (cause I think driving sober is also illegal from 6:pm to 6:00 am) untill my nose glows, just in case my cigarette lighter is "low-bat".

Anyway, as I know myself tooooo good, I need to send somebody there to pay the penalty, if not there might be a risk that my "Dumaguete Traffic Violation No:134558" ends up in a spot where the sun does not shine...

cheers

Rhoody

7. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Did I see Discourtesy and Arrogance there?

Bwaaahahahahahaahahahaa

8. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice bike there Rhoody. You forgot to take the picture of the sign to where you are in. Well dont bother with it. Your bike is more important than the ticket. The traffic enforcer is there and just doing his job. The ticket will cost you to nothing compared to your bike's cost. Cheers!!!

9. fundiver198

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Driving habits in Dumaguete

No need to tape the lights of your bike. You just wait, until the bulp burn out, and then avoid to replace it in order to save yourself 50 peso or so. Hey, 50 peso is enough to buy a whole liter of gasoline, and the lord will protect you on the road anyway, so makes a lot of sence.... :p :p :p

Also please don´t look out for trafic when entering a main road from a smaller one. Just throw your bike out on the larger road knowing, that whatever trafic, there might be on this road, will proberly break in order to avoid hitting you.

Moreover, if riding around on your bike in town, please go ahead and overtake cars on the left side, even if some kind of light is flashing on the left side of the car. This flashing means nothing, and the reason the car has slowed to a crawling speed is not, that the driver is planning to make a left turn, but simply that he like to stop in the mittle of the road. So you should definitly pull out and overtake the car on your motorbike, and perferably at a very high speed.

Or maybe you should only do this, if you are a filippino and the driver of the car is a foreigner, because then it will be his fault, if you have an accident. He should be more carefull when driving around in a country, that is not "his". That is actually, what a filipino policeman told me after a "near miss" situation of this kind on the boulevard a few years ago. Needless to say, the policeman was the one riding his motorcycle at high speed down the boulevard and failing to see, that my car was indicating left turn..... :smile:

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. fundiver198

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Driving habits in Dumaguete

No need to tape the lights of your bike. You just wait, until the bulp burn out, and then avoid to replace it in order to save yourself 50 peso or so. Hey, 50 peso is enough to buy a whole liter of gasoline, and the lord will protect you on the road anyway, so makes a lot of sence.... :p :p :p

Also please don´t look out for trafic when entering a main road from a smaller one. Just throw your bike out on the larger road knowing, that whatever trafic, there might be on this road, will proberly break in order to avoid hitting you.

Moreover, if riding around on your bike in town, please go ahead and overtake cars on the left side, even if some kind of light is flashing on the left side of the car. This flashing means nothing, and the reason the car has slowed to a crawling speed is not, that the driver is planning to make a left turn, but simply that he like to stop in the mittle of the road. So you should definitly pull out and overtake the car on your motorbike, and perferably at a very high speed.

Or maybe you should only do this, if you are a filippino and the driver of the car is a foreigner, because then it will be his fault, if you have an accident. He should be more carefull when driving around in a country, that is not "his". That is actually, what a filipino policeman told me after a "near miss" situation of this kind on the boulevard a few years ago. Needless to say, the policeman was the one riding his motorcycle at high speed down the boulevard and failing to see, that my car was indicating left turn..... :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.