Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete Travel Advice 9 May 2019

Discussion in 'DI Front End Pages' started by Obliged Friend, May 9, 2019.

1. Obliged Friend

Obliged Friend DI Forum Adept Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/philippines

“There’s been an increase in kidnapping of foreign nationals, including attacks targeting foreigners and tourists since late 2015. Terrorist groups continue to plan kidnap operations against western nationals in the Philippines. This threat extends throughout the Philippines, both on land and at sea, but is particularly acute in the southern Philippines (Mindanao, Palawan and central Visayas, including Siquijor and Dumaguete)”

2. bootlegger

bootlegger DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +216 / 40
    Blood Type:
    O-
  3. Darran_Stanners

Darran_Stanners DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 18

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  4. OP
    OP
    Obliged Friend

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
  5. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    so nothign has really changed, then

6. bootlegger

bootlegger DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +216 / 40
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Shooting is not kidnapping obviously, both happen for many different reasons. Why not issue a warning about the state of the health services, if you're sick or injured, or the average driving mentality, if one wishes to drive here, whilst one is at it too? Sorry, but I'm at an age now, where I really don't give a tuppenny feck, we've all got to go somehow, sometime.
    (I was 'interviewed' by the NPA at a friend's house blessing party in Banilad over 30 years ago, soon after I arrived, (whilst working up in the mountains for the government). I answered their questions, had a drink & a laugh with them, all was cool.
    I've personally found if you live in an area, in any part of the world if you treat other people as you wish to treated, then there usually isn't a problem.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    Obliged Friend

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-

“There’s been an increase” in kidnapping of foreign nationals, “including attacks targeting foreigners and tourists”

“There’s been an increase ....including attacks targeting foreigners and tourists”

This is very different than kidnapping.

Three Western Foreigners have been shot in the Dumaguete area since the end of March 2019 to the 1st of May 2019.

Anyone arrested?

8. Mark K

Mark K DI Member

Ratings:
    +362 / 106
    (https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/philippines)

That article makes The Philippines sounds like the most dangerous country in the world! I found it rather funny to be honest. I hope my mum doesn't read it, she'll be worried sick!

But hopefully it should keep a lot of British idiots out of the Philippines. Every cloud........

(I'm British btw).

I recently spent two years in Davao, and I felt like it was as safe as anywhere I've lived or visited. I'm sure I read that last year it was voted the 4th safest city in Asia (after Singapore, Chiang Mai and one other I can't recall). As for the martial law that's supposed to be in place, one would never know that is the case when living there.

I agree with bootlegger, treat people with respect and manners, respect the rules and culture, and don't be an arrogant obnoxious idiot, and there's no problem.

Mark K
    This message by Mark K has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Abhorrent! Abhorrent! x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Obliged Friend

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    The men who were shot...must be “arrogant, obnoxious and idiotic, they never treated people with respect, obeyed the rules and culture” there it is....the cause of terrorism. Why look for their killers....they had it coming.

Obliged Friend
    This message by Obliged Friend has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Abhorrent! Abhorrent! x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Obliged Friend

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    President Lincoln...JFK....Julius Caesar, John Lennon,...all deserved to be shot....they didn’t follow the rules...were arrogant, obnoxious, idiots. Thanks for enlightening me. I do not want to be a part of this forum any longer.