Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete Trip Report

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by The Dane, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    I was just on a small tour to Dumaguete and Bohol with my family who all came in from Denmark to enjoy a month in the tropics while Denmark was under snow and ice.

I Dumaguete we were blessed with our tour manager Rhoody who took care of basically everything for us, from the van waiting in the airport to pick us up to booking tables in restaurants, hotel rooms setting up diving and well basically all – a big THANK YOU RHOODY is in order.

Rhoody would plan, schedule, book and entertain :smile:
    [​IMG]

Rhoody had us all booked in to Mike’s new dive resort in Dauin for our 6 days in Dumaguete. Mike’s Dive Resort in Dauin is a really cool place, he is still ironing out a few issues here and there (kill the freggin’ roosters!!!!!!!), but the family really enjoyed the stay here and Mike and crew were very friendly and helpful with everything.

First the entrance to Mikes Resort:
    [​IMG]

The pool is nice and Mike is working on raising the temperature a bit :smile::
    [​IMG]

The beach in front of Mike's:
    [​IMG]

During our stay here we had a very successful DI Meeting, actually the best so far again thanks to Mike and Rhoody who did all the footwork there. We had Philip out there playing for us on his guitar until early morning. A great and memorable day and I am happy that so many joined us there.

This is how sunrise looks after a successful DI Meeting:
    [​IMG]

We also met our old friend, the Dumaguete Death Lizard, this time he was a bit more friendly and agreed to let us take a picture.
    [​IMG]

We had some awesome dives, both in Dauin Sanctuary and on Apo Island, Rhoody was our Dive Manager as well and the trips were on Mike’s boat and with his crew. I only got 2 dives in, but I really was more in the mood to relax be lazy and drink beer – my dad was more active and got 4 great dives in.

Rhoody took my 12 year old nephew and my sister’s best friend on a try dive, that was a highlight on their trip for sure, my nephew won’t shut up about it.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Now on to something that is very close to me – FOOD!

Besides the dinner we had at the DI Meeting in Mike’s Dauin Diuve Resort, we had 5 nights out eating in Dumaguete proper.

That was one nigh in Hayahay, it was great until the loud band started, then we made a hasty retreat down to Bogart’s on the Boulevard. At least we finished our meal and was just sitting there talking over a nice cold after-dinner-beer, so the move to Bogart’s was probably at a good time anyways. The bands playing in Hayahay are usually pretty good, but when you are out with the whole family and we just wanted to be able to talk, then the loud music was too much.

The last 4 nights were all in Casablanca, who blew us out of the water with the food they served there, Gunther did an absolutely fantastic job and it was by far the best 4 meals we ate out during my family’s whole month in the Philippines – that includes some higher class restaurants in Manila and Angeles which were no match for Gunther in Casablanca.

All 4 nights in Casablanca we (well our tour manager Rhoody) just called in to Casablanca and let them know how many we would be that night and then there would be a table ready for us all and the food would just start flowing in la familia style. We never saw a menu card – we never needed one Gunther picked out some awesome stuff for us.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the master Chef himself:
    [​IMG]

A BIG thank you to Gunther and staff for taking so good care of us as well! And I can not recommend your place high enough.

3. NewKidInTown

NewKidInTown DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Who is this handsome young guitar playing musician ?

How much is his charge for an evening ? (besides the beers of course;-) )

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    ... I also was wondering how the Dane made this ugly german so damned looking good ...

there must be hours of Photoshop behind that piece of art...

5. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    He's better looking than the other German.... oops sorry Rhoody :p

6. OP
    OP
    The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    It was actually harder making the Austrian guy look that good :smile:

7. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    And this must be why the Danish guy wasn't in the pictures at all. Far too much work on that one.

After leaving the rat race to material wealth behind in the U.S. I'm seeing what's left must be what's really important. That's drinking beer with friends and family and great food (and diving for some.) There are places more known for it's food than the RP, but I still appreciate what I can get here.

8. ecelle

ecelle DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello guys,
    My husband and I are planning to visit Dumaguete and see what it likes this June... any tips ,advice, information on where to go, visit, or stay?

ecelle.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.