Dumaguete Info Search

dumaguete via liloan,santander

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by jireh, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jireh

jireh DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good day!

idunno if this thread's still alive. but i would like to ask if the liloan,santander route and the fastcraft there are still on up to this day. this weekend i'll be leaving for dumaguete from cebu to meet my aunt. this is my first time to travel from cebu to dumaguete and i was hoping i'd spend less time on the road. and might i ask what's the best place preferably a breach resort to stay. one that's just around the city or at least near and accessible 'coz i might be there just for an overnight and would like to stay at a good place. if possible not too expensive. thanks for those kind hearts that will reply.

2. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Fortunately, "YES" they're all around and little bit upgrade to travel rather than their messy schedule years back. A Ceres bus (aircon.and nonaircon) leaves at the Cebu South bus terminal every hour starting at 1AM dawn to their pier at Lilo-an, just look for the sign board "via Lilo-an" and as always they have that small dirty fastcraft to cross the sea and landed to Sibulan :smile:. Another option is the "V-Hire" where you will be seated like a sardines. lol! If you have your own car, you can travel via maayo shipping at Santander. For comfortable ride: there are 2 - 3 flights per week Cebu -Dumaguete vice cersa via Cebu Pacific Air. And another one is via fastcraft at Pier 3/4 via Tagbilaran. Von Voyage! Places to stay in Dumaguete...there are list of resorts and hotels on this websites at the main page.

3. OP
    OP
    jireh

jireh DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks you very much newbie27 for the helpful info. just wanna make it clear, i can take the ceres bus to liloan,santander (bus leaves hourly) then ride the fastcraft or pump boat then when i reach sibulan where can i ride the jeepney? just outside the port? and what's the route of the jeepney that i should take? how many hours will this trip take me and approximately how much would it cost me? i just wanna make sure 'coz i don't wanna get lost since i don't have enough time to travel back and forth to find my way. hehe.... thanks :smile: and btw, the fastrcraft and pump boats leave on an hourly basis too or there's a schedule that i should catch?

4. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

There will be jeeps waiting at the pier to take you from Sibulan to Dumaguete, cost is around P11-P13. The boats leave every hour, it will depend on the bus driver how long it takes. We have made the bus trip in 2.5 hours, and as long as 4 hours which we did yesterday. Usually around 3 hours for the bus. The boat ride is under 30 minutes, depends on which boat you hit. Generally, coming from Cebu to Duma this route figure 4-5 hours. Going the other way is a little faster due to the AC bus sitting waiting on the Lilo-an side when you get off the boat. Total fare boat/bus/jeepney one way all inclusive is just under P250.

5. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    additional info: You can now cross Santander to Dumaguete via Amlan riding Maayo Shipping their early trip starts at 4AM (During the 4AM trip ,I saw a Ceres Bus Aircon crossing or riding the barge,a Cebu -Bacolod via Mabinay and Maayo shipping says their last trip is 11:30PM everyday)

6. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

You mean Bato/Amlan. That trip has been an option at least 10 years that I know of. Add an hour and about P25 to the Lilo-An/Sibulan trip. If we are coming back from Cebu on the bus with a lot of baggage we generally take the Duma bus and ride Maayo.

There is also the Oslob/Sibulan option on Tan Juan shipping. I believe they only make 2 trips a day though. Sometimes we use this option when travelling by car/motorcycle.

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.