Dumaguete Info Search

Durable Push (Peddle) Bikes.

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Jack Peterson, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :smile: Our Help Boy, has asked if he can have a Push Bike, for his journey to school. With Gas prices Rising he is feeling the pinch. His hard work on the Lot and at home, has earned him this, as a Gift.
    He is 5.6 about 65 kilos, 23 years old. Can any one, Point me in the right Direction for purchase and what sort of prices we should look for. It would be Folly, to just listen to him as, We and I guess, all of you, will know, he will just go for pretty and Sporty and not give any thought to its durability.
    Help and Advice much appreciated.

Jack P.:smile:

2. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    You can try "D'Corner" Bike Shop on Cervantes street, it's located about 50 meters before you reach "Rejoys" Hardware on the right side, I would suggest a "BMX" Bike with a heavy duty steel frame.

3. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :wink: Thank you Sm, I will tell him, I am not sure what he has done so far, I thought a budget of 4,000 should Cover, :eek: What do you think? or am I out of touch here?

Jack P.

4. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    If you are the one to decide what parts go unto the bike then I would suggest a good Steering Head Bearing set and a good Crank and Bearings, also good Pedals and a solid Frame, the rest I would go for lowest priced parts and let him later customize the Bike himself, 4000 PhP should be enough but I am not up to date with the prices.:wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.