Dumaguete Info Search

Duterte Overthrow?

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by Rye83, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I really hope that no Americans get involved with an overthrow attempt of Duterte. The US and their citizens need to stay out of trying to influence Philippines politics. If there are Filipino-Americans who don't like the status quo I suggest they denounce their US citizenship, go back to their country and fight for what they believe in. Don't risk Filipino and expat lives while you sit all safe and comfy in the US. The Filipino people have spoken and they WANT Duterte, they made their bed now let they lie in it (or get off your @ss and risk your own lives to fight for what you believe in if you are that much against the current leadership).

I really hope this is a fake/false news story as such a situation could be very dangerous and lead to big problems for American expats living in the Philippines.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I doubt it will happen as there is still an 83% following from the people of the ph. It would be all out war!
    Maybe I don't agree with all of his policies but what other choice did the people have at the last election?
    More curruption and lies from the the yellow party! This was the only other choice and the populas was fed up with their country being left behind. The lies and bullshit from them for how many years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I don't think any politician in this country has the Filipino people's best interest at heart. It's all about power and money here, no exceptions. /opinion

• Agree Agree x 1
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  4. Hans Boot

Hans Boot DI Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +165 / 27
    And in what way does this behavior differ from the holy US of A? Some mongrel was elected by the inhabitants of that Holy land because they saw their new savior??

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    You're probably right but he was the best they had for any hope for the the future of the ph. We all know how it would have gone with the rest. Both the binays have a hold departure on their passports and I'm sure we can all guess on what would have happened if roxas had got in power!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I suppose it doesn't differ in many ways? Curious though; where does this "holy land" and religious undertone come from? I don't recall saying that politicians (or politics in general) were any better in the US or that the US was some "holy land" that was free from these kinds of problems. :hmmm: Do you think I am an avid supporter of this "mongrel" you speak of? :o o:

However, your logic might be a bit flawed here. An egocentric man-child being elected in one country does not make another egocentric man-child any less of one just because he was elected in a different country. That's like a pedophile defending his actions by saying, "well, Michael Jackson raped little boys too!". /opinion

Grace Poe?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  7. DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Personally I think the u.s Will end up as a bloody disaster with trumpton as the leader,but who knows!
    And yes off topic here again.

Agree Poe would have been the only other option.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2017
  8. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Oh sheeit! Who brought "him" into the conversation? :peaking: Don't say his name three times while spinning around looking at a mirror. Nothing good will come of it! (You'll get sued for not purchasing the franchising rights to his name. :sneaky:)

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Usually rulers of a country, not mater what their designation: King, dictator, or President; seem to like to keep a bogeyman in the shadows to scare the the citizens without political power. This keeps the focus off of what the rulers and their entourage are doing, making their political actions inconsequential to the masses. The masses will the focus on the scary one/issue ( I do believe the US (and other mistaken US expats) are the designated scary one for Duterte, so we will just have to learn to live with it until the heat in the kitchen gets to hot... then it may be time to leave.) The more rants the more important it is to look on what is happening behind the rants. Political genius, no, I think more like political magicians, masters of deception, with the hand faster than the eye. This strategy works in most countries, particular if the media helps in the magic entertainment program of deception.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Not really sure I know what a "hold departure" means. :unsure: I think in the case of Palowan Ex-GovernorGerardo 'Doc Gerry' ... accused of murder, his "hold departure" on leaving the country meant that BI personal put a "hold" on his arm as they loaded him on his out going flight of escape of the country. This of coarse after a gratuitous tip was given. It that what a "hold departure" is... aiding someone on their flight of escape for a tip? :o o:

• Funny Funny x 1