Dumaguete Info Search

Duterte says "Bye-Bye America"...AGAIN!

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by Rye83, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    :meh:
    It's like the overly dramatic and needy gf you don't give a sh*t about that has been mooching off you and never really gave much in return that keeps saying she is going to break up with you and move out. Shut up and do it already FFS! We really won't notice you're gone and will quickly replace you with a new gf. Please move out and go snuggle up with that new guy you have been chatting...yeah, we knew the whole time and never really cared you were doing it.

P.S. We have been cheating on you for the last year with a younger woman...and she swallows. Now p*ss off. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Friday's Inquirer said that Duterte had health issues that required him to take drugs stronger than Morphine. I cannot find an online link but I shall try to find the newspaper and take a pic of the article. It explains his strange way of talking.

3. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    OK, found the newspaper and here are the clippings. First the whole article and second a close up of the pertinent paragraphs
    The article.jpg
    Fentanyl.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Might very well be why the US is not paying much attention or reacting much to his public statements.

5. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Then what is the US? The Boyfriend who never calls until its booty call time and then comes over at 2am dead drunk and f*cks you in the s$$ then doesn't even snuggle before he sneaks back out 2 hours later?

Sounds like a very dysfunctional relationship on both ends!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Most of the time a Threat produce more drama and fear than the actual event happening. How many times has a wife or GF threatened to leave, fear was created until the action happened, she left and your life got better? :o o:

Duterte is very good at his threats. Threatening to cut off people, or calling them "sons of whores" is his palette of drama tools.

The funny part is this threat mentioned in the tread was generated by the "The US - led Millennium Chanllenge Cor (MCC) suspension of funding grants for the Philippines over "concerns around the rule of law and civil liberties" under the Duterte administration. Duterte said the $434 million dollar grant did not bother the Philippines, as everyone is ready to give the Philippines money, but took action to call out the US and say "Bye Bye Again". This just does not make sense to me. This seems to say that $434 millon dollars is enough to throw out a 70 year relationship.

When a small mosquito bites me personally i just move on. When a horse kicks me, then I react and take notice. So which is it? The grants means nothing to the Philippines, and it will just keep milking the US in other ways, or is this grant so powerful that it becomes an international issue with threats of ending the US/PH relationship (again) ? The amount really is not that big in international finance if everyone is line up to give the Philippines money, but is it more valuable than the relationship between the Ph and US. Is this just ego talking?. Duterte's actions in comparison to his rants and threats do not seem to align... or is it just the medications talking? Or are we watching the mouse that roared? Mystery to me. :o o:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    "Peter Crying Wolf" Comes to mind :bag:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    Depends how many pockets that $434 million is going in. :wink: Might be only a couple of connected political officials benefitting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The US has given the Philippines lots of military equipment (naval vessels, aircraft, firearms, etc), military training and financial aid during natural disasters over the decades.

We've also had or military forces in the south risking their lives (and I'm pretty sure some have been lost) to help train the Philippine military. Duterte doesn't much care for that because he is sympathetic to the Muslims. Peace deals have been made with the Muslim groups down there only to see them branch off and continue fighting because some didn't agree with the terms made (and won't agree to any terms until they have converted the entire population to Islam and force everyone to live under Shia law). This is very likely to continue happening with every single peace agreement made regardless if US forces are present or not. Sometimes you just can't negotiate with these groups and the only solution is war due to a complete difference of religious and political ideology....IMO anyways.

It is not as if it has been a one way street in the Philippines. Some might argue that it's far more beneficial for the Philippine government than the US. We have much stronger, capable and friendly allies in the region and we have enough territories in the Pacific to keep a strong naval presence in the region without any help from the Philippines. Again, just my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    I agree with the post, and find most time that Duterte reacts with a full rant anytime he "feels" his power is be reduced or challenged on the international scene.

The US is a reasonable large economy, so my question; who is paying (investing may be a better term) in relation to fighting for decades in the Philippines. There does not seem to be excess money available for war available when I can not walk down the street without having out stretched hand motioning for a donation for food. What is there payback? It may be ideology issues that maintains the war concept, but no one has every paid for a bomb or ammunition with only a pray, even if they use a prayer cloths. How can anyone in a country continue fighting war for decades, when the country has a hard time feeding the populace even rice meals? Who is making decisions regarding feeding their bodies virus feeding the aggressive war like moves? I do not understand the economic concepts of war.

• Like Like x 1