Dumaguete Info Search

Exit Clearance ECC Question

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by Chiefeng55, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Chiefeng55

Chiefeng55 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    I'm new to all this but could someone please tell me why I would need an Exit Clearance which I think is the same as an ECC? Please correct me if the two are different.
    Thank you.

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    What type of visa are you on and how long have you been in the Philippines.

3. OP
    OP
    Chiefeng55

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    I'm not there yet. I'm married to a Filipina and going to retire there soon. I'm reading up on all I can. The 13a visa is the one I'm leaning towards. I also thought of the SRRV.
    I haven't ran across the ECC before and don't know what it is.
    Thank you

4. OP
    OP
    Chiefeng55

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    I did a little research. Guess I should have done that earlier. I was reading the posts and the ECC popped up and I had never heard of it. But I understand it now.
    Thanks again for your quick reply.

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I don't know the requirements for an exit clearance for 13a visa holders. I think you can get it at the airport as you are leaving but someone else will have to clarify.

6. anti_crazy

anti_crazy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +262 / 48
    I believe this is true. 13A, get exit clearance at airport the day of your flight. But, 9A tourist needs to get the clearance at a BI location days before.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
  8. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I was also told by the interviewing Officer in Cebu when I finalised my 13a Visa; that if "I planned on leaving the Philippines now, I would need to go back to the Cebu BOI to obtain my exit clearance"... I told her I had no plans of leaving now or ever in the future and she told me I would have no problems then... :wink:

9. anti_crazy

anti_crazy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +262 / 48
    Interesting. When did you get your 13a? Seems like it's becoming a full time job keeping up with changes.

10. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I gained it early February this year (2017) and the Officer was newly appointed, which the Agent was concerned about, but she was a wonderful lady to deal with and explained so much that honestly went over my head, too much information but very thorough and no where near as scary as my interview the year earlier... :smile:

*EDIT*
    That is also why I advise many to use an Agent like we did, MANY changes during my application would have caused extra grief had it not been for the Agent who was alerted of the changes and quickly rectified the problems as they arose, one experience; we were called in one day to sign forms and then overnight a newly appointed officer meant we had to go in the very next morning to repeat the process, had I been doing the application myself I would have remained unaware of the changes meaning no doubt my application would have been rejected when it came time to process it.

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017