Dumaguete Info Search

Economy

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Kojak, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2
    According to the immigration office..... there are roughly 1,000 foreigners in the Dumaguete area (I think there are more but that is what Peter Bueno says)
    I am trying to compute how much Expats contribute to the local economy....

My fuzzy math once guesstimated around 46 pesos out of every 100 pesos started in an expats pocket.... but I would like to get a better estimate

If you feel comfortable with this project I would appreciate a rough estimate of how much you spend locally...... I can average this out and arrive at a better estimate

The Philippines generally exports as much as it imports.....so it would appear that the Asian nation with the number one stock market in the world is getting its financial support from Overseas Workers / foreign residents & visitors.....I can get figures on the contribution of overseas workers....but as yet have not found a source that lists our contribution

2. dodong

dodong DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Back in the '90's, I got by on $5 a day. Then transferred to a nicer apartment and started living it up a bit. Was earning around $300 a month, and spending a bit more than that. Now that I've returned from a few years in the states, my savings allow a more extravagant lifestyle. I'm at around $20 a day now.

3. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    $3000 a month

4. RonEtue

RonEtue DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    $50 per day average.

5. tunji oluwajuyemi

tunji oluwajuyemi DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    1000.oo piso a day average spent in dumaguete and I rent from local family who has their income supported by overseas working.yes all my income comes from the united states...I like riding jeepneys you guys,I like cake with icecream only from jutz cafe formerly called boston cafe and i worry when other guys young girlfriends and wives stare at me...Um uh ,,,,have good day people.

6. OP
    OP
    Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2
    I thank all of you....including the private messages....this is exactly what I need

I will let you know what I come up with

7. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    800 Peso a Day

8. moveingon

moveingon DI Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +42 / 2
    Kojak

I spend P25,000 for two of us. We go out to eat once a week and spend 5-700 for two. we are on a rather tight budget or we would spend maybe 5k more.

I was told by a gov. official friend that 1.3 to 1.7 Billion $ is sent into the country by over seas workers every mo. I do not know if that includes Balikbayan box's.

See you at Mc D's
    Dave

9. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    $3200 a month

10. ronv8917

ronv8917 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Well, I shouldn't have done this because now I feel bad. I added up what I have spent here in one year and the total is 918,000 pesos, with a 2% error factor. All from the US.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.