Dumaguete Info Search

Vehicles & Servicing electric motor cycles

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by sandycreekg, Nov 4, 2015.

1. sandycreekg

sandycreekg DI Member Showcase Reviewer

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    Does anyone know any where here that sells electric motor cycles and tricycles.........? I have looked in CDR king but their scooter does not have enough power to get up the mountain from Dumaguete to Valencia. Have seen a electric passenger tricycle driveing around Dumaguete but not know where it was purchased.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Best Answer:
    Post #4 by Jack Peterson, Nov 4, 2015 (5 points)
  3. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I don't know the name of the place but there is a dealer on the road (Name of road?) going towards the Airport in Sibulan (sp?) on the left hand side. Don't know if this helps or not. Relatively new here and don't know many road names yet.:bag:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    That would be Dumaguete North Rd. (AKA National Highway and AKA Real St.). There are quite a few car and motorcycle dealerships on that road though. Might be worth stopping in and asking at a few of the places. I'm sure there will be a lot of blank stares and shoulder shrugs with a question concerning "electric motorcycles" though....@sandycreekg might get lucky and find someone with that has a clue. :wink:

Screenshot (205).png

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Best Answer
    sandycreekg
    Ground Floor Hypermart outside the Supplies shop had some not long ago.

Jack

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I saw some of those tiny things about 2 years ago in Hypermart. I don't think the thing could have hauled me and my groceries up to Valencia. It also only had a 50km range...going up a hill with my 100kg on it would probably take that down to 20km. So barely down the hill and then back up on a charge....it was also just a one seater, basically an electric bicycle. Maybe they have a different model there now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    No idea I was recalling where I saw them but I have just Spoken to a neighbour that has one and he said he will look out the Place his Father bought it. Theirs is a Two seater and looks pretty robust

Jack

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm curious with the cost of electricity in the Philippines would having to charge one of these things all the time be cheaper than an old fashioned fossil fuel scooter? My scooter costs me about 500-1k a month in fuel (I can go Dumaguete-Bacolod-Dumaguete on about one tank). I wonder how much one of these things would raise the electricity bill?

Edit: If this goes off topic because of this post I'll start a new thread with it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    I will ask the Guy then it may be factual and not guesswork. He is out at the moment so "later Only" :roflmao:

Jack :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    sandycreekg

sandycreekg DI Member Showcase Reviewer

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    I have been looking at a 4 seater tricycle on olx, there is some located in Manilla and they have installed a solar panel on the roof so can charge free from the sun, quite robust and powerfull motor and supposed have about a 130klm range and supposed to go well up a 35 degree incline, would be interested if there is some thing like that here but think the last part going up to Valencia is more then 35 degrees....??

11. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The problem with that is that you will likely be driving it during the day draining the batteries. Solar panels won't keep up with that. It might charge a bit while you are parked running errands but you will certainly need to plug it in at night at the house.

I highly doubt anything like that will be manufactured anywhere outside of Manila...and probably no retailers outside that area either. You might have to find a dealership/manufacturer/importer in Manila and have it sent down here on a Ferry. (That'll probably cost you around P6-10k....maybe more these days with 2Go Shipping.)

One for sale that has a 100km range, top speed of 35kph for P185k+ (not bad for what it is I suppose....but it's ugly and slow): Six Seater Electric Tricycle For Sale Philippines - Find Brand New Six Seater Electric Tricycle On OLX (But it only goes 35 k/h)

These guys are, supposedly, manufacturing trikes in Manila (very expensive): BEMAC Electric Transportation Philippines Inc. |About E-trikes|E-trikes

Terra Motors has some stuff but I don't think they are actually manufacturing in the PI yet. Y6 Features | Terra Motors Philippines - Terra Motors Philippines

Not really seeing much of anything currently being produced/sold in the Philippines. Maybe the ones you are seeing are put together with a conversion kit of some sort?