Dumaguete Info Search

Electricity Cost per KWH here?

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Wildlands1, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Wildlands1

Wildlands1 DI Member Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +133 / 27
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    What's the cost around here (Dgte/Bacong/Valencia) of electricity per kwh ? Does Valencia still have a rebate deal from the geothermal plants?

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Valencia hasn't had that rebate for years. All municipalities in the Philippines lost their mineral rights with legislation passed about 5 years ago.

I posted an electric bill in the funny section a while back ago. I think it had the kw rate posted on it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    At the Moment as I write this it is around 10.38 pes per kwh but that will change in the next say or two which way I do not know

4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Extortion at its best the kwh hr here

5. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    According to this site:

The current price of 19 US cents per kwh in Dumaguete is on par with France, just under the price in the UK, and Waaaaay cheaper than Germany.

It may seem a little high due to the appearance of poor infrastructure but the main problem is the vegetation growing so fast it interferes with the power line and people adding extra wires (telephone and cable and electric extensions) which overload the strength of the poles. All just my opinion, of course.

I find it interesting that people accept the poor water supply and just add a water tank in their yard if it bothers them, but there are very few (@AlwaysRt for example) who accept the electric supply is poor so they add a backup battery system. He doesn't even know when the power goes out as it switches over to battery without a flicker.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    not sure where you are but here invalencia were the power comes from we are paying about 11.5 pesos pkh(about USD .21).
    Since we are comparing it to the us, the average cost of a kwh in the us is $.12, just a little over half watt we pay here.

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=....69i57j0l5.17631j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

It flickered twice while making this post.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    My last bill came out to P0.143/kwh. I don't care about what what they say they are charging, I divide the total monthly kwh used by the total amount of the bill.

8. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    And how much in wage-per-hour terms does that means to a poor local.

• Like Like x 3
  9. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    Average yearly kwh cost in Amlan:
    2009 P 6,53 ...'11 P 9.20.. '13 P10,61...'15 P 9.66
    '17 P 9.57 ...... '18 7 months P 10.20
    54 %
    increase in 9 years. I'm sure the minimum wages did not increase that much. It's the same for gasoline P 32 in 2009... P 53 in 2018, a 64 % increase!!
    Just got my August bill P 1,541

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  10. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    I don't think the cost of electricity is out of line. The geothermal station in Valencia produces about 220 megawatts (tops) which is actually a pretty small capacity. Kilometers of transmission lines run all over the place to distribute the power.
    Noreco has a lot of fairly new boom trucks, bucket truck and pole trucks which ata needed to service a large area.
    If you look around you will notice a lot of old poles are getting upgraded to steel ones. That stuff doesn't come cheap.
    My bill is usually around 5000 pesos, but when I'm in line to pay many of the other customers are holding their 400 and 500 pesos bills. It's pretty difficult to provide a good service to anyone with so many small customers over such large distances.
    Whenever I lose power due to a problem in my neighborhood they usually have it fixed within an hour. I'm pretty happy about that.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1