Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Electricity price.

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by roadking, May 12, 2013.

1. roadking

roadking DI Member Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Good Morning.
    Could someone from Dumagute or area, please tell me what your local electricity provider is charging for there Generation system charge, as mine has seemed to have increased again.
    according to my latest bill it is now P5.01244 / kw.
    I am assuming that this is the actual amount of power consumed & the rest of the bill is made up rubbish which cost's you almost double the bill .
    Thanks....

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    On my just received March bill the generating price is 6,4134 !!?? This is in Amlan with Noreco2. This makes a end p[rice of P11,072 per kw. Over the year 2009 I paid P 6,53 per kw.
    Also the used kw is about 25% higher than normal. They did the same with the last price increase. The two months before the bill was lower than normal and then with the increase they let you pay the increased price for electricity used before the increase.
    Smart or criminal???

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    Dumaguete. Noreco ll . Current rate generation system charge 5.9127 Kwhr. Add in all the whatever funny charges and final price comes to 10.49 Kwhr. My total bill for 793.0 Kwh was 8,318.57 My Generation charge was 4688.77. Highest rates in the world I read somewhere at one time. One has to wonder where the money goes ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    roadking

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Its such a rip off, I have read that this country has the most expensive charges too.
    I live on the Occ side of Negros & have to use NOSECO, No doubt a sister company of your provider, I guess when you have the monopoly you can do what you want.
    It would be interesting to see how much Meralco charge.i

5. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    The money surely do not go into maintenance altough the service is much better now in Amlan.
    The P11,07 kw/h I pay now is 20,5 eurocent.., In Holland , no brown outs no low currency, the curreent average kw/h price is 22 eurocent whereof 7 cent for electricity + 3,5 cent VAT + 11 cent energie tax!!!! So the generating charges (lower than here) triples in the the PH it nearly doubles.

6. OP
    OP
    roadking

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Check out the link to try !! to understand why electricity is so expensive here, Especially the second UTube window towards the bottom of the page.
    I think my brain has exploded !

'Philippine electricity prices to stay high'

Regards

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    "A study conducted by the company and commissioned by Meralco"

Basically this says everything you need to know about that article.

It says, prices are some of the highest in the world, but there is nothing you can do about it. Great idea letting the "company" doing a study on themselves, I'm sure they were completely honest.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. redneck

redneck DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    We definitely pay a premium price for a sub-par service. Most times we can't even run our window unit a/c's due to the moaning and groaning of them trying to run. We pay for 220 volt and are only getting an average of 172-185 most days. Our microwave doesn't function well and our can opener can't open a can to save it's soul!! If you don't have a dedicated transformer, you better have all of your precious electrical equipment hooked up to AVR's. We have our split unit, tv, and computers on AVR's, and are getting ready to invest 10,000php more to hook our window units up to AVR's. That still leaves our kitchen appliances unprotected, God forbid we lose them!! You know, if you were going to buy a case of beer, and that case only had 18 cans of beer instead of 24, are you still going to pay full price??!! Heck No!! Well, here, that is exactly what we are doing!! We are paying full price for that case!! Okay, off my soapbox...........

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    As long as oil prices stay high, electricity prices will remain high. Look at what the local electric company uses for fuel, and imported, over-priced fuel at that! The answer is low cost energy! Which one? Go knock on your electric companies door and suggest some alternatives!

Try generating your own electricity and see how much it costs!!

10. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    The power plant up in Valencia is geo-thermal, so isn't the fuel free compared to oil or coal ? I don't know how much of Dumaguete's electricity comes from there, does anyone know ? As some of you know if you live in Valencia you get a P800 rebate every month on your electric. But for some reason it isn't just automatically subtracted from your bill, you have to go apply for it which I didn't understand. We used to live there but I don't remember our rate there. I think the geo-thermal power generating company belongs to the city ???? Perhaps that is why only Valencia residents get the rebate. I have often wondered why there aren't any hydro plants here. Perhaps the rivers are not large enough ???

• Like Like x 1