Dumaguete Info Search

Enforcement of using helmet and seatbelt in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'DI Front End Pages' started by Liverpool fan, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Heard today that enforcement of using a helmet on bikes and seatbelts in cars has started in Dumaguete, anyone heard same?

2. osodelnorte

osodelnorte DI Forum Adept Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 86
    just guessing you are new to the islands... every years they push the helmet law.. but as you will see .. people stop their bikes and wait until the road blocks finish.. then they all go about their day.. if you see it stop and wait.. if you stop and put your helmet on and then drive up to the road block they will ticket you still.. it is all quite humorous and interesting to see... its an Asian thing.. make sure you have your license and registration handy if you do venture into the checkpoint..

3. OP
    OP
    Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I live here in the Philippines since 2010 and in the Dumaguete area 3 years and never seen any traffic laws enforced in Dumaguete so far, I guess it's maybe because I adopt the culture and driving habits

4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Speaking of helmets, how about that 1p helmet sticker we had to get on our helmets a few years back. Lol