Dumaguete Info Search

England, the land of not so smiling people...

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Union Jack, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Union Jack

Union Jack DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    Probably, by now, the whole world has seen the footage of a poor young malaysian student being caught by the violent mob of rioters in the streets of London....bleeding from a broken jaw, slumped on the ground, is then approached by a group of youngsters, among them some school children, who pretend to help him getting back on his feet, just to open his rucksack and robbing him!!
    A 68 years old just died at the hospital after being beaten up for remostrating with a group of rioters.
    In which sh*t direction is the world going??
    We value more possessions then life, crime is overtaking family values...
    The Philippines might be, technology speaking, behind the west of many years but it's million years ahead in human values.
    Hope this will not change, not too soon anyway...:o
    Here is the link to the sickening robbing...
    London Riots - Scum steal from injured boy. - YouTube

2. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Think thats bad UJ?

Wait till the unrest hits the big US cities, where everybody has guns!

I think we'll see a tsunami of US refugees arriving on this beautiful island.

3. Manzanita

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    I just wanted to say, there's a trends forecaster named Gerald Celente who predicted everything thats happening now.

If you listen to what he's predicting is coming up next, it's quite unnerving.

4. OP
    OP
    Union Jack

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    I know what you're saying Manzanita, still it's wrong!
    I think vigilantes are the way the future is steering....
    An area in London with predominantly burly and stocky turk shop owners was left untouched by the rioters after noticing the reflex of the moonlight on 6 foot metal posts they were holding up...:D

5. Manzanita

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
  6. OP
    OP
    Union Jack

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    You get a lot of people regretting their actions now that they get a knock at their door by the police....got a criminal record, kiss goodbye to your apprenticeship and job prospect, just for a new pair of nikes....
    incidentally one arrested is a teenager daughter of a millionaire...probably she was at home bored and seeked some action.
    the youngest so far is an 11 years old boy.
    Mind you, some parents were out too, telling their kids to enter the smashed up shops and get stuff while they waited outside....how charming!!

7. sfgb35

sfgb35 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    NUK - No longer a United Kingdom

Theres been three fatal shootings in the three months i have been here, two filipinos, i didn't know, and an Aussie that i once had a drink with in a bar. But even that doesn't put me off staying here. Its a far nicer and safer environment than in the UK. I hate the police state, and society there....

Also is it me, or doesn't anyone else see the correlation between the MET numbers and overtime being cut to reduce spending, and two weeks later, oh dear there's some riots and we mustn't cut spending look wat the police have to deal with! While poor soldiers in Afghan getting killed daily, still don't have a comparable wage. :(

8. OP
    OP
    Union Jack

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    Police State??? The real issue with the police is that they are condemned if they seem to over-react and they are shitted upon by yobs if they don't....the wages and numbers are also an influential factor. the not so great culture of claims and counter claims for damage and personal injury, coupled with the crap issues presented by civil liberty and human right activists and lawyers making a fortune out of it do the rest..:mad:

9. tunji oluwajuyemi

tunji oluwajuyemi DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    Been watching on BBC I insist on having satelite TV here .the world is at such a turning point with quakes and riots you need good international news access here.....I was in london for my first real visit in May 2000(other times were airport stopovers) They were having race riots in an area and i saw no rioting or damage...What I did experience was many local white brits being racist at the site of any one that was not white and they simply avoided or refused to sell at thier stores and even harrassed me in retaliation and told each other a hostile was coming when i was near....I was not phsed by this because i had no clue what was up and when people heard me talk and saw that i was american,they just said hes american and calmed down..I spent one night there and hopped the train to france and didnt like paris so i hopped train to spain in barcelona for 2 weeks which was all alone to myself there but very nice place compared to london or paris.......The news in london that night had govt. official literally telling every one to stay away from anyone who "fits the discription of ethnic minority" It was state sanctioned stereo typing...They have no experience dealing with interacial predjudice unlike the united states that has learned much the hard way....

10. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Enoch Powell 1968 :-

"As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding. Like the Roman, I seem to see 'the River Tiber foaming with much blood'. That tragic and intractable phenomenon which we watch with horror on the other side of the Atlantic but which there is interwoven with the history and existence of the States itself, is coming upon us here by our own volition and our own neglect. Indeed, it has all but come. In numerical terms, it will be of American proportions long before the end of the century. Only resolute and urgent action will avert it even now."

Not saying he was right in what he said, but compared to Gerald Celente, he's definitely 'more' Nostradamus.:wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.