Dumaguete Info Search

Trades & Labor English pronunciation, how do you teach them.

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Dave & Imp, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    My GF, like most Filipinas are great in the English language when communicating in writing. However pronunciation of English words are horrible. Sometimes we text to each other when sitting side by side just to be able to clearly communicate. . SEROUSLY, I would like to know if anyone have been successful in training a Filipino to pronounce English words correctly. IS THERE A SCHOOL OR TUTORING SYSTEM HERE?

(the humorous part of post) This inability for us to clearly communicate is causing me stress. Usually I just say "yes" to muddle of sounds she claims to be English words. Last evening my "yes" resulted in about 15 cousins showing up at my door this morning with all their worldly processions to move into my house. When I asked what was going on my gf said, "you said "yes" when I asked if my cousins could move in with us". sh*t, I though she was asking if we could have some "chickens" move into the yard.... I need help here.

• Funny Funny x 5
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Rosetta Stone? :rolleyes:

3. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    What age and sex are the chickens, I may be able to help.:wink:

4. OP
    OP
    Dave & Imp

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Of coarse they are all under age, but hey have birth certificates with names on them saying they are "21". I know the hens are good for Laying, and the Roosters are good for fighting, but what do I do with the "boyot" chickens?

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    If they're all female and cute keep then Dave,start showing some interest in some of them and they will all be gone pretty quickly

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If I want guests to leave I just have a cup of my gf's "dietary bio tea". 15 minutes after finishing a cup the living room is a level 4 bio-hazard area for the rest of the afternoon. (Best part is the tea always produces the silent but deadly ones so I can blame it on my gf. Her family thinks she needs to visit the hospital to have that checked out. :roflmao:)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Dave & Imp

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Is that a particularly type of Stone that you can throw at an unexpected crowd of cousins when they arrive?

• Like Like x 1
  8. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    This diet tea thing is easily cured and I'm sure you want her off of it! If she on a diet just limit funds for white rice for a month and the weight will drop off.

9. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It's a language software program that has a speech recognition feature that's supposed to help people with pronunciation. So since it's software....I guess you can't throw it.....but you could always just throw the entire computer at them.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Dis sezit ool

• Funny Funny x 2