Dumaguete Info Search

Home & Garden EPS Cement Sandwich Panel or EVG-3D system or others

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by NowandThen, May 16, 2020.

1. NowandThen

NowandThen DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Does anybody know a builder in the Dumaguete area using sandwich panels for house constructions ? I have seen some videos in the internet and it's amazing how fast one can construct a house with this method. These panels seem to have many advantages. They are strong, have a good insulation factor (thermal and sound), cost effective etc.

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  2. shakey

shakey DI Member Veteran Navy

economic refugee
    Ratings:
    +295 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Firmbuilders did modified panel houses back several years ago in Maslog, Sibulan Estancia subdivision.

Their version used 4 foot inner and outer forms reinforced with #8 rebar filled with Portland cement The exterior of the house went up 4 foot at a time. Between the connected houses they used double concrete blocks for the firewall.

The interior walls used 1X3 covered with Hardiflex. The ceilings used 2X4 coconut lumber framing covered by Hardiflex. All of the pouring was done at dusk and later without lights including the floors poured on untamped open ground.

Structurally these houses came through an 8.0 earthquake undamaged but are almost unlivable from the heat during the daytime.

From the videos the Chinese seem to know how to correctly apply panels. To bad we can't hire them.

shakey aka John

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Was the house built in a western style? I see a lot of new houses coming up without the large shutter style window. Building anything in a closed Western style (that demands central air even in temperate Western climates) is just asking for outrageous electrical bill in the Philippines.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Member @ShawnM is the man to contact on this :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    We used EVG panels with the standard concrete column and beam construction; I know what the EPS panels are but have not personally used or worked with them. I will read up on them a bit out of curiosity though as they look to be an interesting building technique.

Shawn

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    NowandThen

NowandThen DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Thank you very much. I did contact him.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk