Dumaguete Info Search

Government & Education esl schools

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by freepage, Sep 19, 2010.

1. freepage

freepage One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi everyone!
    can anyone provide me with a list of esl schools in dumaguete?

thanks..:smile:

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Esl?

Hello freepage, WELCOME to DI. For those of us who don't Know, Maybe I will be the one to ask, WHAT? is an esl school? we might be able to help you then, I guess maybe there will be some that know already but at least we not Knowers can catch up!:D

Jack P. :smile:

3. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    English as a Second Language, I would guess they are all claiming this. Actually for some schools it would be as a third language.

4. dav¡d

dav¡d DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I need this information too

5. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    ESL books

In my romance and battles of love, I was married to a Mexican, and a Venezuelan (at different times) so I have some experience in the ESL. My Venezuelan wife took some US government sponsored ESL classes. The text books they used is "Basic English Grammy by Betty Schrampfer Azar and published by Prentice Hall Regents, New Jearsy USA 07458.

I have two copies with me in Dumaguete, but I am not sure I want to let either go.

contact me if these would be of help for you.

I personally found it beneficial not to know Spanish as my Venezuela wife would come a me in Spanish obviously mad and lacking rational thinking. My typical response in English was "It is Ok honey, you don't have to wash the care right now." There is a great advantage of not knowing what another person is saying when they are mad with you. I also realized when the wives were mad at me I did not understand them even when they spoke English....lol.