Dumaguete Info Search

Everyday People

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by PatO, Mar 25, 2011.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Say before you relocated to Dgte, you lived in an affluent community and maybe you were a VIP, or maybe you had your own business, or maybe you were high ranking in the military and had a lot of power or were a warrior, or maybe you were a small fish in a big pond, or maybe you were a tradesman or a blue collar worker, here, none of that before really matters. We are in some respects equal.

Here, I know a former VIP who lives in a very small house and I know a former factory worker who owns a house on the beach in Dauin.

Many of us are married to Filipinas and many of us are retired or close to it but not all of us are in those positions, doesn’t matter.

So what’s my point? Here, we are just everyday people and the Forum brings some of us together. We got to live together. Treating others with respect and respecting their opinions even when you don’t agree with them makes the Forum a nicer venue. I will work harder on that and hope you do to.

2. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Yes indeed, I'll even remember to hug a tree today, too.

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    PatO you are just too nice for the world... hehe.

I neither respect nor disrespect anyone at first (here or in real life) ... both has to be earned.some do that very fast....

... not always to the "do-respect" direction...

4. diosip

diosip One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    agreeeeee!!! thumbs up:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

5. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    I softened up the message I really intended to send which was no need to try and impress others with your knowledge or wealth, no one here really gives a s__t.

6. Happy She & Me

Happy She & Me DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with your statement..... and as far as respect... NO WAY. It must be earned. In my daily contacts with filipinos I came to the conclusion that we the foreigners have a lot to learn from them. I never discuss my private life here on DI, but let me share that our friends are 90% filipino families, and that speaks for itself. We earned each others respect and therefore we all care about each others life.... Human relations can be so wonderful!

Reach out...you will be surprised to see what is coming your way!

LA MER

Benjamin

7. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Yea sure, lived here a very long time too, usually surprised everyday what comes my way, note to self....hug another tree tomorrow as usual.

8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Apo!

:eek: KTM! make sure that Pat's APO has not Peeeeeed up that Tree! :eek:

Jack P.:D:o

9. mitch_cortez

mitch_cortez DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  10. Firefly44

Firefly44 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +71 / 4
    Civilized people give some respect to all ( small measure maybe ) That can then be enhanced or lost.