Dumaguete Info Search

Exit Clearance Exit Clearance Cost?

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by Rye83, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Has anyone recently dealt with the ECC lately? What is the cost? Can you now get it at the airport?

2. rbrown

rbrown DI Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 8
    Just did it a week ago. I have an ACR card and 13a probationary status. I paid P1,620 travel tax and paid P2,880 for the ECC. It was all done at the airport in Manila. I had a NBI clearance with me that was still valid but no one asked to see that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thanks for the info!

That is quite a bit more than the P500 I paid a couple years ago in Cebu for the exit clearance. I didn't see anything on the Immigration website breaking down the actual cost of the ECC.

4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    There is a big difference between 13a visa holders and 9a visa holders. 13a visa holders have to pay the same as a local at the airport to get out of the country always done at the airport @ p2,880.
    9a tourist visa requirements for ecc,if you have been in the country between 6-12 months the ecc can be got at the airport,anything over this stay has to be got at the bi and around p500.
    The last I heard that Cebu you can get straight away at j center mall but Manila for some reason takes a few days.
    I posted on hear a year or so back about the changes on the ecc of you can find it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    500 peso exit clearance at Gebu office , i had a friend go back to aust. 2 weeks ago via manila and he did not have any travel tax, he said they have a sign up saying that it had been abolished

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Even the US has a travel tax. They just hide it in the ticket price. Perhaps the Philippines has done the same (which would certainly make more sense than getting in line at the airport to pay it). Either way, as a "tourist" it's not something I have to worry about.

8. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Just be patient,there is a new bi chef now and I'm sure he will have his own ideas !

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1