Dumaguete Info Search

Exit clearance

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by joseph domaille, Jan 23, 2013.

1. joseph domaille

joseph domaille DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    3 weeks ago immigration here told me they no longer do exit clearance and i had to go to cebu, Yesterday a mate told me i could get it done upstairs above immigration here.
    I went to the office and was told yes and it takes only 2 days and the cost is 3000 peso .they also told me if i go to cebu it would take 2 working days to have it processed there , I have always had it done in 3 hours max before:o

2. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Wondering the exit clearance can also be processed @NAIA upon check-in for your outbound flight. Does anybody hear about this is true and what are the costs.

3. OP
    OP
    joseph domaille

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I forgot to get one once and got the run around at the airport after a lot of talk they gave me a pass for 3000 peso (no receipt)
    i was very happy to go aboard my non refundable flight
    cheers

4. SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Permanent Residents (13a) can get an Emigration Clearance Certificate at the airport; last summer was P2380 + P500 (express lane fee), but I don't kow about tourist visa holders. Along that line, does anybody know if you do multiple exits in a short period, do you require clearance each time? I can't find any info on the internet and I will be leaving the country 3 times between now and August.

5. OP
    OP
    joseph domaille

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i think if you are here more than 6 months you need one but you best ask others

6. RR_biker

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    I am aware that an exit clearance is needed when leaving the country after more than 6 months, but didn't know I already paid for that when I apply for the 1st extension. This implicates even if I stay shorter than 6 months I still pay for an exit clearance..?? Besides when I finally apply for an exit clearance (at least in the past) BI still did charge me a fee? Well, as a foreigner I never understood why I have to ask permission to leave the country (always made me remember the situation during the old days in Eastern European countries) but now it seems to me they also charge me double. If someone can clarify, many thanks.

7. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I know of two people who have been sent to Cebu or Manila recently after being told by the Dumaguete bi you cannot get exit visa here anymore, I asked a friend to check on this and he said you can still get in Dumaguete. Strange!

8. RR_biker

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    In your situation, I think you don't need to get an exit clearance when your staying in the PH between entry and exit is less than 6 months.

9. OP
    OP
    joseph domaille

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can get it done here in 2 days up above the dumaguete immigration office cost 3000 peso i asked there yesterday, immigration office in duma does not handle it direct any more .
    cheers

10. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I used to go abroad frequently until last spring. I then paid 1670p ECC + 500p Express lane fee on each exit, at the airport.
    As resident it doesn't matter how long you stay. You pay anyway.
    You also pay a ~1700p tax on your airline ticket. If you don't have it included in the price (marked on the ticket) you have to pay before they allow you to board.

The purpose of the ECC is to make sure no wanted criminals, or people with pending cases are leaving the country. But, it doesn't seem to work. I have a friend with a case that has been going on for years, who has been able to leave the country for a month or 2 every year.