Dumaguete Info Search

Experiences at Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by elainedarkrock, Sep 6, 2011.

1. elainedarkrock

elainedarkrock DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Well, I dont have much trips here as my daughter goes to school. So I'm gonna share a few experiences that we have had here in Dumaguete. And in my opinion, Dumaguete is the best place to stay and live for a long time because:

If you are a beach-person and you dont have a ride, just call a trike and tell them where youre heading and they will bring you there. And of course, with the right amount of fare. and I think that the cost of transport here is cheaper than where i came from. So far, the best beach Resort that we've been was the Mike's resort. They have great tasting foods, a mini pool for Kids and Adult, and if you want to scuba-dive, they also offer it.

If you want to go to market place, and you like organic vegetables or fruits, you can find it at Daro across Mercury Drug. There you will find many kinds of organic vegetables and fruits to your heart's content. Fresh lettuce, basil on pot, mint in a pot, oregano, chimes, bananas, mangoes, and lots of sorts of fruits and veggies.

If you are a mall-person, you can visit Lee Plaze (though its a little bit crowded most of the times) Robinson's Mall, Cang's for in-hand needed items, and if you want a cheap clothes, accesorries toys, etc, you can check Unitop. They offer a bunch of cheap items and i really enjoy shopping there lol, Hypermart (they have a big store for grocery items, hardware shop, household items), we also like it there if we need a big shopping list because you dont need to wait in a long line just to pay for your bill.

If you are a night-club person, they offer lots and lots of resto bars here in Dumaguete. We've been to Mia's, Coco Amigos, Why Not, and Hayahay. So far, the last was the best that we've been coz they have live bands during Friday night and Saturdays (and im so into bands lol). And nice foods too!!

And, special mention to my daughter's school, the Southdale Integrated School. They dont teach the "old-school" way. They are more interactive as they try to see each individual's level of intelligence or "The Theory of Multiple Intelligence" based to students capacity to learn, and for my kid, she already started to speak English again in less than 3 weeks from the start of the school year. (she's only 3 and speaks pure Tagalog before we came here).

I guess ive written long enough to fulfill some "wishes" and of course, some positive experiences too for me to share.

Please, for the readers, dont try to ruin the mood as i dont have any bad intentions of sharing what i had here in Duma at DI. It's only the people who try to crash down on anything can start a very very bad impression, which would lead to headaches, heartaches and cat-fights. So please, if you are just looking for some mistakes (typographical, grammar, or any error which you think i made, and if you dont have nothing nice to say, just keep it for yourself).

Have a safe, fun and nice living here in Dumaguete..

regards
    Elaine

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    In One

:smile: Elaine, I can safely say, most of us, will agree with you, on your Experiences, Of Dumaguete, For me, This has told the story, of a Good day out. Something I miss, while I am away, working in Spain. Nice Post and from the Heart!:o

One the school bit, That's progress, well done !:wink:

Jack P.:smile:

3. OP
    OP
    elainedarkrock

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks Jack!! :smile::smile::smile:

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    They were more "demands" than wishes, weren't they?
    you can be assured to help plenty of people with that (maybe for us living here) irrelevant stuff.

we have 3000+ visitors each day here, many of them planning to visit Duma and those things which looks for us normal are exactly the things to share for others to start the Dumaguete experience.

Thousands of scuba-diver ending up yearly in Dauin, and do a research "for starters" what to do on their one day in the city and where to find those yummy Mangoes they get overpriced in resort-shakes. well, above you gave the answer.

With those (again for us living here) small info, we all help them to enjoy their stay more. With doing so, your negative experience and warning also shines in a different light and becomes more trusted and helpful. So thanks for taking the time for the write up.

Now 2 real wishes: have a great day ahead and keep your input coming

cheers

Rhoody

5. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Good post, Elaine!

Larry

6. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Elaine, your post is very good and will be helpful for folks coming here. Thank you for taking the time to share.

7. minime

minime DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    and u just forgot to mention the simplicity of life there which I think I miss the most!living in the moment and not for your next generations!

8. OP
    OP
    elainedarkrock

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    lots of laugh for that demand! Well, the reason why i dont usually post here in DI is i still dont have my own pc here, and my bf is 24/7 infront of the PC hahaha (kidding plz dont tell hehehe)

And, about finding cheap mangoes, we usually get it at the Fruit Market and we can get for as much as 25 pesos per kilo (greener than the "Class A mangoes, and a little soury-sweet inside) which is ok if you're not that picky. and if you want the good looking mangoes, it cost a little higher around 40-70 pesos per kilo.

Thanks for the real wishes! Very much appreciated ^_^

Regards
    Elaine

9. OP
    OP
    elainedarkrock

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks my friend!!

Elaine

10. OP