Dumaguete Info Search

Exploit us!!

Discussion in '☋ Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment ☋' started by imawoopyoass, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imawoopyoass

imawoopyoass DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    im looking for a bar or a place where our band can play live. you can hire us and we wont mind playing for free. we just want a place where we can play our original songs just to be heard.

by the way, we play funk, jazz and everything in between

2. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Ah, now I know why you asked on another thread who the owner is of Black Pearl !!
    But again....go and visit that place because you seem to live in this area.
    Maybe we could ones play together but that is mostly on a time when NORMAL people have to work (between 2 and 5 PM) :D:rolleyes:

3. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    If you just want to be heard have you not gone to the city/tourism office to see if you can play in the park or during one of the festivals. In addition to talent and attitude you need determination and drive so keep it up and hit the road.

4. OP
    OP
    imawoopyoass

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks man! what i really do not like about the dumaguete culture is that the people here only appreciate bands who cover songs from other bands.some local bands here have really good compositions and i think that people need to hear them and appreciate them too!anyways thanks for the encouragement

5. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Are you sure you want to play for free? If people will know this, you will have many sleepless nights as most people here want everything free. Do you have a name for your band?

6. OP
    OP
    imawoopyoass

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well,yeah!we have played in hayahay and payag before and we did not mind not getting paid at all.as long as the place has a decent drum sent, a guitar amp, bass amp, and a microphone, that's all right with us! personally for me, im after the sound not the money. if i were to choose to play at a gig at quezon park with a really good sound system for free and getting paid to play at hayahay or payag where the sound system sucks,id go to quezon park without a doubt. what's the point in playing when you are not even satisfied with the sound. it kinda defeats the purpose of playing music.

we dont have a name yet.unfortunately...

7. Arie

Arie DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    good attitude, you might want to try the local radio stations if you got a decent repetoire, they tend to be in for free bands

best of luck

8. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    imawoopyoass, send me a PM when you and your band without name are playing again somewhere here in the area.
    I hope I am able to come to that place and listen to your sound.
    It's a good mentality if you prevail to play for free and having really fun with playing than getting money but not having the real kick of making music.
    I played several years when I was 18-23 years old for only some money.
    But it did not bother me if they even only had provided free beer :D
    Close your eyes and enjoy your music.
    I'm waiting for your PM.

9. OP
    OP
    imawoopyoass

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    pm sent sir!

10. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    wow... that must have been around the time of the discovery of electric light bulbs though... hehe :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.