Dumaguete Info Search

Faa dpe

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by Provider23, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Provider23

Provider23 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    anybody knows of an expat who is an FAA DPE

2. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I know a Fil Am in Dgte who is a pilot, he must know someone who is a DPE, but whether they're expat, I don't know.

The owner of McDonald's has a front license plate having to do with a helicopter association btw

3. OP
    OP
    Provider23

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the owner of macro n dgte or ...... i know the franshise holder in dgte is not a foreigner... tks anyway, i still would like to know of a person who is a qua;iffier DPE (designated Pilot Examiner ) of FAA tks

4. PangitPilot

PangitPilot DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    What do you need, Biennial or more?

I'm sure you know that you can do your renewals for FAA in any country of registry, however unless you have an FAA registered aircraft, you will have to have an RP license to fly an RP aircraft

Regards

5. OP
    OP
    Provider23

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok, tks, are you a FAA DPE, if yes can you do certifying students that has graduated fr a FAR 141 school here in the Philippines validated by CAAP ( meaning it was also granted license to operate a Flying school

6. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    PP with a current foreign issued license do you just apply and pay for an RP license or maybe test out if you intend to fly in the PI? Surely you do not have to go through flight school all over again?

7. PangitPilot

PangitPilot DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    No I am not. NOt sure what you want to do, set up a business, flying school or just fly yourself around.

If you have an FAA license, you just need a Philippine Medical, fill in some forms, get a temp Permit to fly, do 10 hours and a check ride and voila, you can get a Philippine license.

(this is the simplified version, but it is not really that hard, just takes time ..)

Regards

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ptreaper

Ptreaper DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will be moving to Dumaguete when I retire in 10 yrs. I want to bring a Cessna 172 with me. What are the requirements of owning/flying a plane in the RP. Can hangers be rented at the Dumaguete airport?

9. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2

Yes sir! They are all lined up next to the Cessna parts shop which is next to the extremely qualified A&P mechanics shop which is right next to the avgas filling station.

Hangars for rent? You are kidding right? :D

10. OP
    OP
    Provider23

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As of now i don't know of any hangar here in dgte for rent , but there will some in the next two or 5 years.On the cessna 172,you can goggle CAAP website , all the question will answered thereat.Suggest you get a converted cesura 172 to jet A-1 fuel tks