Dumaguete Info Search

Family Law Attorney

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by osodelnorte, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. osodelnorte

osodelnorte DI Forum Adept Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 86
    Does anyone know of a good Family Law Attorney in Dumaguete. I am foreigner and planning a marriage in July and would like to get some thing clarified before doing so.

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Can be expensive!

:confused: Hi Oso, Depending what you want clarified, You may find any Lawyer expensive, If it is about Property, Family, Adoption then yes, you may need one. If it is about the process for marriage, all they will do is direct you to the department concerned. Ophielia Arbon is a Good lawyer,

Ophelia Arbon.
    Saint Catalina Street (Opposite AVON shop)
    35/422-4126 or 091-731-43271

Jack P.:smile:

3. hill topper

hill topper DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Contact Alan Cordova at his office 035-225-0344 if someone tells you he is not there ask for his Sec. and tell him what it is concerning to call you back. I have had him for over 2 yrs. now. He just finished up something for me like what you are looking for. He is honest...for me that meant alot for other lawyers around who ask for lump sum right out :-( Just tell him Alan Ward sent you...

4. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    A prenuptial agreement? :D:D

Damnit, why didn't I think of that :(:(

5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Not worth a cent!

:( Not worth the paper it is written on here in the PI.

6. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    I can recommend a very good attorney that I used for my pre-wedding discussions and documents. If interested, send me a private msg.

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Actually it is, but it is called something else. It's called having complete separation of property included in the marriage settlements, which gives the right to decide up front the terms of the marriage. From the family code;

Art. 74. The property relationship between husband and wife shall be governed in the following order:

(1) By marriage settlements executed before the marriage;

(2) By the provisions of this Code; and

(3) By the local custom. (118)

Art. 75. The future spouses may, in the marriage settlements, agree upon the regime of absolute community, conjugal partnership of gains, complete separation of property, or any other regime. In the absence of a marriage settlement, or when the regime agreed upon is void, the system of absolute community of property as established in this Code shall govern. (119a)

To the original poster, I am not a lawyer, but I can clarify most legal issues regarding marriage, and provide the legal source (the actual law) for that information. No fee and if I don't know the answer, I will tell you so. (Try finding an attorney who will tell you "I don't know"!) :wink:

Larry

8. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Bowing To Knowledge!

Larry, Maybe you should have been a lawyer, seems a lot, we are told from the lawyers here, is What we can't have but not what is available. Thank You for the Insight. I guess they could do with a refresher course on there own laws, in this case the Family code.:wink:

Jack P. :smile:

9. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I can recommend another very good and honest lawyer, one who is decent and God-fearing because he used to be in the seminary. You may get in touch with Atty. Joe Kenneth Arbas, he has an office called SPES in the market area, just tell the tryke to take you to YY Trading because SPES is right next to it.

10. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    I have been told my the former province attorney general that a notarized document, call it a prenuptial, is legal in the Philippines and will stand up if necessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.