Dumaguete Info Search

Family may steal

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by denpet, Jul 29, 2014.

1. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    We have all read about those being scammed, subject to theft etc. by family.
    But, I had no clue it was actually legal for them to steal. At least there is no criminal offence.
    G.R. No. 181409

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    The article is too much for me to read and keep my interest. My advice is for foreigners with family and assets here to have a notarized Last Will and Testament and an trusted person you can count on.

3. OP
    OP
    denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It wasn't an article, it was a law text. You only need to read the first 10 rows of article 332 to see that family is except from criminal liability (Spouses, ascendants and descendants, or relatives by affinity in the same line .... Brothers and sisters and brothers-in-law and sisters- in-law, if living together.)

So, if you have an in-law living with you, they are except from criminal liability if they steal from you.

4. oztony

oztony DI Senior Member Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    And the problem is it is usually some one that is close to you or who you know that does steal , because they have the opportunity to do so , so that law sucks , big time , a law that defies all sense of logic . its more fun in the Philippines.

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Just another reason to never get married in the Philippines. Not only can you not have a spouse arrested for taking you for everything your worth, you can't even divorce them for it either.