Dumaguete Info Search

Cebu Fast Ferry to Cebu

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by artpepper88, Dec 28, 2015.

1. artpepper88

artpepper88 DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +98 / 43
    Hi folks. I'm sure this info is out there in an easy form somewhere, but can someone help. I need to go to Cebu urgently on Wednesday or Thursday (Dec 30 or 31). I live in Tandayag, Amlan, up north a little. I see that an Ocean Fast Ferries ferry leaves Dumaguete daily at 7.30am... Where does it leave from? I'm planning on catching a dreaded Ceres Liner at 6am from home and can tricycle from a drop-off point to the wharf. (I'd drive but I'm sure there'd be no secure parking near the wharf). But where is the wharf?

2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Sorry to disappoint by ocean jet have not left here on that time for several years now,only one boat a day and leaves here around 3pm and gets into bohol just before 5pm, then leaves to Cebu from there.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    artpepper88

Ratings:
    +98 / 43
    Thanks, Davy. Message Understood. I'm appreciating more and more (it's been three months now) that this is a "knock three times, ask for Harry, say Davy sent me" kind of communication society. No Cebu this week, then. The bank can go to hell. And it's the HSBC... It's taken 6 months to fully (internet access, transfers etc) open a new account here. But at least I didn't need to flash the plastic residency card, which I haven't got. All done from home in Australia but not complete yet. But heck, I'm renting a house on the beach, I've got a brand-new little ol'car , the bread is turning out just fine thanks to all you post-ers, the cat survived a feral attack on Saturday night (cost me A$18), and the roast chicken and veg are in the oven...

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    You're not the only one with probs with hsbc,I requested a new card a few weeks back along with a new PIN number,ok great I thought card arrived within a week but then had to wait another two weeks for the PIN number. They has sent the latter via snail mail delivered by Phil post!
    Then tried to ring the number which is an 0800 number which you cannot do from here on either mobile or landline it appears,luckily enough a tenant had Skype credit which you can ring on so sorted!

5. Cletus

Cletus DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +357 / 107
    A lot of foreign banks are closing Americans accts because of the added cost in reports to IRS. I was just reading that on a report I get. They were saying it is best to have two or three bank accts in case one or two decide to close your accts you will still have accts available.

6. OP
    OP
    artpepper88

Ratings:
    +98 / 43
    That's interesting. Fortunately, however, I'm not American.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Very true. Also as Banks here are known to fail it's better not to have all your eggs in one basket so to speak... see: DID YOU KNOW? 84,000 depositors lost P3B due to bank failures in first half of 2012 - lawmaker
    Why Banco Filipino Failed: The Top Distressed Philippine Banks as of March 31, 2012
    http://dirp4.pids.gov.ph/ris/wp/pidswp8918.pdf

Edit: Sorry Just realized this is off topic. Don't mean to hijack thread. My apologies. Move to where appropriate if you want.

DaveD

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  8. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Do you realize you could catch a CebuPacific Turboprop flight on Thursday morning. Its just under 2,000 pesos as I look at the site now. Leave at 11 ish and get to Mactan by 12 noon. You can do your business and catch a bus home same day or spend the night and catch the flight back on Friday morning for another 2,000 pesos. Just giving you an option here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1