Dumaguete Info Search

fast internet cafe for laptop?

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by kelpguy, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    can anyone recommend a ''comfortable'' cyber cafe with laptop stations and sufficient speed to use skype. how about the speed at lee plaza food court?

thanks...
    norm : ))~

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,538 / 1,016
    Not sure if you are saying you have your own laptop or looking for an internet cafe with pc's. If you have your own, I use Mamia's on the blvd and Bo's at Robinson's, not sure about Skype but works for Facetime on an Ipod.

3. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Better bring with you from any network company of a handy usb port hub dsl connection... more faster than public connection...maybe its because it's you alone feeding the connection, i think different networks has almost the same rate, 10pesos per 30mins.

4. OP
    OP
    kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    i have a laptop and i'm looking for a i'net cafe where i can connect to the net. i stopped at several downtown cibers and they didn't have a laptop space. maybe i should look near silliman. i have i'net via cable at the apartment i'm renting but it struggles to open a simple website 50% of the time and is too slow to even load a website 25% of the time. utube? forget about it tho 1 day i actually streamed a youtube video (scared me for a moment : )

thanks...

5. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    From your apartment net connection can you measure the speed of your net connection there and tell us what's the result, lets try to fix it, click speedtest.com

6. OP
    OP
    kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    hay newbie 27, thanks for the offer but speedtest.com was taking so long to open that i bagged it tho i was able to stream another youtube video at 5 am : ) the landlord said it's a service provider problem and it's been that way for 4 years

my best option for viewing youtube videos looks to be using a tube catcher < http://atube-catcher.dsnetwb.com/video/ > to download the video tho this has to done when the kb's are flowing

7. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    emmm....that's a bad situation there.... get a real personal dsl connection...globe wimax is good enough...you can bring it anywhere. or a usb hub internet connection :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.