Dumaguete Info Search

FedEx / UPS in Dgte?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Travel Time, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travel Time

Travel Time DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know DHL is in Dgte, what about FedEx and UPS? Do they deliver to Dgte? Is the service pilfer proof-or do some packages not get through?

There used to be an unofficial UPS branch in town on Locsin St, but you had to pick the package up.

2. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

Yes, and yes. Fedex has an office on Real street, in the Ultra Theater building. UPS has a contract with Delbros for delivery here. Both are relaible.

Larry

3. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    DHL is on Silliman ave. right side going to BVLD, before you get to National Bookstore. Both UPS and DHL will hold packages for pick up, avoiding the last leg of delivery in Dumaguete. Supply sender with phone contact and they will call, or just track online.

4. arizmonterojaz

arizmonterojaz DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    you can send to dumaguete with fedex.
    i just had bad experience with them. my package was all torn out. and items were opened.

5. OP
    OP
    Travel Time

Travel Time DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well then it wouldn't seem to be a good idea to trust FedEx..

6. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

It probably was not Fedex that opened your package, but rather customs. Customs tends to look hard at packages sent through Fedex, UPS, etc. Was anything missing?

Larry

7. arizmonterojaz

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    i am not sure. but the contents were specified. in any case, fedex did not disclose that there is a possibility that the items would be open or inspected. fedex opened them before i sealed it and sent with them.

8. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

ANYTHING that comes into the Philippines or most ANY country is subject to inspection and/or the customs laws of that country. There is NO carrier that is immune or has ANY control over customs, period!

Larry.

9. arizmonterojaz

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    i know that. what i find the best so far is have your package mail through the post office. have it registered. it works just fine. no hassle of package being opened as long as contents are itemized on the outside slip. i have done this several times to dumaguete from phoenix. better yet ask for a signature when item is delivered to the person.

10. tfa1957

tfa1957 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    hmmm. would it be cheaper to load a box up with some beer, corn chips and me and send it fed ex? Guess there is just no way to get to PH without flying. My least favorite mode of transportation, and I can fly on U.S. military aircrafts free anywhere they go in the world, but have only flown on them a frew times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.