Dumaguete Info Search

Feedback Feedback...

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & User Feedback' started by Andrew, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Andrew

Andrew DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +151 / 57
    Blood Type:
    A-
    OK, you asked for it - so I'm giving it!
    This is by no means a criticism, merely an observation...
    It may just be me, but I do find it a tad annoying when using the Forum that when clicking on 'Home' I am directed to the home of the main site and not the home of the Forum?

Perhaps you could rename the NAV buttons 'Main Site' and 'Forum Home'?

Just an observation. Please don't shoot the messenger! :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Andrew. Good Morning,
    If you find yourself on the DI home page, half way down on the right hand side you will see checkout our Forums, Click on that and it will take you to the Forum Home page.:thumbsup:

JP :bag: :whistling:

3. OP
    OP
    Andrew

Andrew DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +151 / 57
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Yep, got that. Still doesn't solve me being redirected away from the Forum when I'm on it though? (My main gripe/observation). Home on Forum should be Forum home/landing page not redirection to main site Home?
    Well, I'm not going to loose any sleep just reckon Home on Forum should be just that - Forum Home, not back to the Mother Ship! :smile:))
    [DOUBLEPOST=1428118110,1428118034][/DOUBLEPOST](Still love you though) .xx

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Then don't click Home, :meh: Hover the other 4 and stay in the Forum Area. Clicking where you want to be.:blackeye:

Hope people don't start talking :eek: I have only just got over the last Affair :rolleyes:

JP :bag: :rolleyes:

5. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    @Andrew
    When you in the middle of the forum there is a catgory on top "new Posts" this will keep you in the forums, and will let you see any new forums which you have not read, it also list all the forums lower down including the one that have not changed since you last visit. That is an easy way to stay where i think you want to stay on the forums. I only go to home when I am entering the forum all together.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have been meaning to do that for awhile. Better?

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm not sure I'm comfortable with naming it "Main Site" though. I don't consider the Word Press website the main side of the whole website. I don't consider any part of the website the main (even though currently the forum requires much more attention than anything else). My brain just isn't working at the moment so I'm drawing blanks on what to call the tabs.

8. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    What you have there at this time works for me. :thumbsup:

JP :bag: :wink:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    FYI:
    Screenshot from 2015-04-04 14:50:32.png
    You should see this up top. "Dumaguete Info" is the root of the website. The forum is software installed within the root folder and the Suggestions and Feedback is a sub-forum of the Forum. You should look at it like a folder path on your computer to understand where you are in the website's directory. Hopefully renaming the tab cleared up any confusion.

• Like Like x 1